• The 470 Railroad Club (Equipment and Activities)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by b&m 1566

ericofmaine wrote:We sold 501 for scrap to pay for the website :-)

Oh boy! Putting "501" and "sold for scrap" in the same sentence, is going to cause some to have a stroke.
  by steamer69

ericofmaine wrote:We sold 501 for scrap to pay for the website :-)

Well, at least you finally did something with it. Maybe now you'll have enough money to do frankinengine.....glad that you were able to trade one money pit that never got done for another money pit that will never get done...... :-P
  by Reader#108

Did I actually hear correctly that they are now saying that the swap may not be worth it now?

I haven't gotten my newsletter yet because I moved, has anybody seen the newsletter or

know what is going on with the 1757/4268?
  by Dick H

I have the newsletter. There are remarks about a proposal to do a reprint
of the MEC Mountain Division Book. It was decided that due to the cost
outlay, it would not be a good move at this time given the costs involved
with the 4268. They do plan to have a photo of the 1757 in the next
newsletter. It was also mentioned, that the 1757 will be used by the
CSRR for a while.

The way the paragraph was worded, a quick read might leave the impression
they were referring to the 4268 project on hold. A second careful reading
will show that it is the book project that is on hold, not the 4268 project.
  by ericofmaine

Dick H wrote:The way the paragraph was worded, a quick read might leave the impression
they were referring to the 4268 project on hold. A second careful reading
will show that it is the book project that is on hold, not the 4268 project.
That is correct, the book project is on hold, not 4268.

Eric
  by markhb

Being neither a member of the 470 Club nor having a vested interest in the topics generally discussed in this thread, I typically just read through the discussions without commenting. But, a Facebook group to which I belong recently posted a photo that I think the 470 members here might appreciate:

470 Club excursion to Island Pond, Vt., October 5, 1975; Ron Johnson photo
  by MEC407

Holy smokes, that's a long train! Four locomotives and 18 (?) cars?! I would love to know more about this excursion. Which railroad the cars belonged to, were some of them private varnish, why there were so many, etc.
  by steamer69

That's an awesome photo. I like the combo CV/GT power. Beautiful shot!
ericofmaine wrote:That is correct, the book project is on hold, not 4268.
Not enough cash to do both the book and frankinengine? What happened to all the cash you guys reported to the IRS? What about fixing 4266 so you're not frying the wiring every time you transition or go above the 6th notch? Not enough money for that either? Big surprise there.....
  by Reader#108

Why not just do both?

The engine is already paid for, and now you may as well do the book to.

Sorry for the confusion, the statement wasn't worded very well in the newsletter....

BTW- I have to change my address, who do I contact?
  by steamer69

Reader#108 wrote:Why not just do both
Because Frankinengine is going to take up every last cent that they have. And if they did both, they wouldn't be able to try and rob more money from you for a project that will never get done.
Reader#108 wrote:The engine is already paid for
BUT....they have to pay for the repairs to the 1757 (making what everyone was told was just a "donor unit" operational for CSRX), move it, and start preping Frankinengine for the work. Not to mention that 501 needs to be stabilized (since it was started and never finished), 4266 is in need of a rebuild, there is still another reefer and a tank car to do.
  by steamer69

As soon as the mystery money comes, it goes. They couldn't afford to have a web site with Frankinengines donor sucking up all the money.....not as easy to pull the wool over people's eyes when you have a web site stating you like to rob people.
  by Cosmo

steamer69 wrote:As soon as the mystery money comes, it goes. They couldn't afford to have a web site with Frankinengines donor sucking up all the money.....not as easy to pull the wool over people's eyes when you have a web site stating you like to rob people.
Umm, excuse me, Bret? Yes, sorry to interrupt, but, I have to ask...

...what the H**L are you talking about?
  by steamer69

I'm talking about people's donated money being mismanaged. Not being honest with the public and the members. Same thing I have been calling them on Pete....nothing has changed. You ought to know by now what I'm talking about, you bust my chops about it enough.....
  by Jeff Smith

We've been down this road about mystery money. And I actually know where Brett is coming from about it. He can make a more clear explanation if he wants, and you all can rebut, including those from 470 who post on here.

But let's keep the drama out of it. We, i.e. me and the railroad.net owner, have no horse in this race, and the opinions expressed here are those of the author. And let's leave the hot button words out of this (Yankme, Frankenengine, et al).