• Surviving Conrail Painted Loco Spottings

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

by AMK0123

Observed CSX 8812 (SD40-2, still in Conrail blue) second unit behind CSX 800 on I believe it was Q-439. Was southbound on the river line through Newburgh, N.Y. this afternoon....
  by TREnecNYP

Spotted CSX 7303 at the intermodal yard near the MMC in NJ monday feb 8th. No photos of it because i was on a PATH train which prohibits photography. It was sitting with the other locos on the west end of the yard, then later in the day it was being moved to do something paired with another loco.

- A
  by Kaback9

Steve F45 wrote:what was that trailing conrail loco behind the NS?
A BNSF SD70ACe.
  by SouthernIronHorse

Conrail spotted today on a siding in Jacksonville,FL at the Budweiser Plant . Its now CSX 5973. I am new at this but it looks like its an EMD. Thats the first one I have ever seen down here.
  by SeanGulden

CR 2786, CR 2800 minus its hood and prime mover, CR 6694, & PNER 9187 all sit at RMDI.