• Stone Train 2006

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by jayrmli

I guess it was so dark the night crew missed half the train. The other half went out in the day on Monday. :-D
  by SwitchMonkey

RS-382: Is the 156 good to go? we had problems yesterday?
Powers That Be (PTB): Mechanical says its good to go.
RS-382: Roger! Here we go! charge up the train.
Eng 156: POP! <<BloobBloobBloobBloobBloob>> **sigh**
RS-382: Restart Damm you
Eng 156: POP! **fork you, i'm not waking up**

Two hours later, half the train stayed behind on T1W

Curse you Dick Dastardly!

by Nova55

LOL! Thats the funniest thing i have heard all day...
  by SwitchMonkey

Scrap em got to run the rock in the daylight, leaving the night shift to run an impressive 5 car push pull train down the Bayridge Branch, while the 156 continued to "Assume a position of Rest" in the yard

by John 61

I beleive that yesterday 12-9 was the last Stone Train of the season. I was able to see it about a half dozen times this year. Here's a video with some stills mixed in at the end I made from 12-2-06's train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dBqTlWwNX0
  by SwingMan

I SAW THE LAST STONE TRAIN OF 2006(12/2/06)WITH 261,155,151,AND159 AT HICKSVILLE AND IT WAS A GREAT SIGHTING :wink: