• Status of the GP7s and GP9s

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by newpylong

A few, but not often. The most recent that comes to mind was the BM 100, (the slug). Last time I was there the concrete ballast block was the bumper for the track behind the tower.
  by MEC407

Note from the moderator:

The Heritage Locomotives now have their own dedicated thread at: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 55&t=70888
  by Tim Mullins

Are there any Geep 9's sitting in Waterville in the dead line?
  by KSmitty

4 last thing I knew, 45, 52, 54 and the 62.

71 and 51 were on the hump, 77 is obviously not dead :D and 72 was @ NEMCO in Ayer.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if that number has grown, some of the running units may have headed up there for the heritage treatment...
  by jaymac

KSmitty wrote:4 last thing I knew, 45, 52, 54 and the 62.

71 and 51 were on the hump, 77 is obviously not dead :D and 72 was @ NEMCO in Ayer.

On 08-16-2011 at 1300, 71 was at Horizon Milling.
  by KSmitty

I had my digits backwards I think, 72/52 on the hump and 71 @ Nemco, my bad...
  by KSmitty

71 North through Leeds Jct. ME. at 4:30 or a little after on 9/3. Was the 4th of 6 units. Looks like NEMCO's new switcher has arrived...
  by bmcdr

Reader#108 wrote:was she still Guilford gray?
Yes, and last time I saw it, it was almost completely covered with flour from working at the Milling.
  by KSmitty

Yes in gray, not as covered in flour as pictures I've seen. You could tell it had been at the mill, but I think Irene took care of a lot of the dust.