• So, um, how are things at Riverside today?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by GP40MC 1116

Otto Vondrak wrote:So, has anyone ever had any problems photographing at Riverside?

-otto-
Funny you should mention that, last Saturday I was out doing some railfanning in Riverside and Reservoir. Took close to 40 photos and never had problem. Altough I was walking arround back near the MBTA "Green Line Training Trailer" and the back acess to the repair shops, and opted not to go any farher than a road that was used by cars exiting the lot. It's great if your camera can do some zoom as well as you can stand back and shoot. It's fairly active yard w Trains turning arround the loop. But i did not get questioned by anyone or any problems to report.But in this day in age, public areas was the best for me. Just to show you what acess i did get from PUBLIC areas..I have pictures and will upload them tommorow (Saturday April 1st)

by AEM7AC920

I took some photographs at riverside also not too long ago and had no problems... Actually I was even lucky enough to have the yard master give me a tour of the shop and inside some of the cars.

by Reddy Rocker

Pretty soon, according to the MBTA site and all the signs posted in Government Center and other GL stations, you may not be able to get such photos at night. This is because the line will be under construction and will be bustituted. So be careful and good luck.

by Otto Vondrak

My friend took care of the situation himself. As soon as he was approached by the T supervisor and told he would be arrested, my friend called the T's non-emergency number. He spoke with a police sergeant and made sure he wasn't doing anything that could be misconstrued as violating the regulations of the photo permit. The sgt. assured my friend he was safe, and my friend took his name and badge number as reference. The situation was diffused and the supervisor went away. My friend got his pics and departed. The police were never called and no animals were harmed during this incident.

Folks the key is diplomacy. Remember, you can walk away from any fight. If someone challenges your valid photo permit, simply excuse yourself from the situation and try your best to diffuse it. Worst case scenario- you go home and come back another day to take your pictures.

-otto-

by Robert Paniagua

That's right, don't have to do it right then and there. I was planning to take some pictures of Caddigan Red Line Yard in Braintree right from Pearl St and French Avenue, where it is a public area as long as I don't stray into the Caddigan parking lot. And from those public areas, there's areas of great shots that I can take of Caddigan that I can show you all.