• slash through the letter on lrvs

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by trigonalmayhem

ah, yes THAT distinction. I thought you meant it was going away from the camera.

My bad.

-edit-
and now that you mention it, is there any preference for which end they run in front? or do they just do whichever is easier at the end of the line?

Is North station the only current terminal that they actually switch ends right now? I know they probably do when they turn around at blandford, but I can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head.
Last edited by trigonalmayhem on Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Robert Paniagua

They are going to meet a friendly blowtorch at a nice large scrap yard

Thank god. Those Borings REALLY stink, ya know? Glad they'll be there soon unlike the Orange Line 01200s :-D

by StevieC48

Here's a little fact on LRV rollsigns: When the LRV 1st arrived 77 they had destinations for the A Watertown Line,M Mattapan Sta also had Green Slashes through the route letter also. Which were removed later years becuse of the weight of the rollsign curtin, and the dropping of the routes. If you come accross any of these signs when scrolling through an LRV it's an original sign from 77. Stevie :wink:

by jrc520

I've seen the M before. even got a pic! I'll post it if anyone wants me to.

by efin98

Please do! The more photographic evidence the better! Besides, rarities are worth the space they take up.

by jrc520

There ya go. Taken @ Cleveland Circle. It's from my cell-cam, but it still came out rather well. [/url]

by efin98

Nice! Great catch on that Boeing!

by ctaman34

how do you change the rollsigns on a boeing vertol and an unmodifed type 7

btw can type 8's operate with a boeing vertol

by efin98

ctaman34 wrote:how do you change the rollsigns on a boeing vertol and an unmodifed type 7

I think they are controled electronically but I think they also have the option of being hand changed as well. I have seen them hand changed only a few times and only when asked to by the inspector at Lechmere.
btw can type 8's operate with a boeing vertol
In service, no. Out of service, I believe they can.

by jrc520

out of service, heck yea. I think it was 3417 that pulled the derailed t8 from the E branch. they can pull, but just not talk to each other.

by CSX Conductor

When the Type 7's first came around, they had manual roll signs, just like the Boeings, PCC's and the trains on the Red, Blue, & Orange Lines. And of course all the old busses prior to the 8000 series :wink:

by Ron Newman

If trains are short-turned at Northeastern, they would have to change ends.

by Robert Paniagua

And if they have to be terminated at Brigham Circle on the E, all trains would have to be crossed there as well. No loop at Brigham Circle either.

by efin98

All terminals require sign changes, even those with loops

by jrc520

Type 7 3625 A Watertown. yea, it's upsidedown. :-p