Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by ajt

As of 1030 the Ringling circus train is on Amtrak at Lane, motors are tieing on and preparing to go east to NYPS and eventually Uniondale.

Amtrak motors are 665 and 661.

by NIMBYkiller

Anyone know if the train is on the secondary yet? I'd be suprised b/c last yr they said it was due in around noon, but didn't show til about 4pm.

by ajt

Through Newark Penn at 1100; gotta be at or through NYPS by now (1145).

by 9C1LT1

I heard it was getting picked up at Harold at 12:30pm, should be at Garden City around 2pm. Beautiful photo weather!! To bad I have work... Can't wait to see everyones photos!

-Barry

by Clemuel

Clear on the Secondary at 1:39

Animals will unload about 4:30.

C

re:

by Jeffrey Rosen

I just happened to go for lunch at the International Buffet off Stewart Avenue about 2:30 today and the train was parked just south of it already.

by emfinite

CWRSNY, e-mail me and I will send you some pictures from today.

Joe

by NIMBYkiller

You just happened to go to lunch along the secondary....hmmm....lol.

I met up with Emfinate at Mineola around 3:45. By the time we drove down to Clinton Rd, the engines were gone.

At Mineola, I heard a few guys talking about the 171, which was on the circus train. They said it was smokin like crazy.

Joe and I then went over to Quentin, saw the elephant walk at around 4:00. After that, on to NCC. Met up with the other Joe and got some more photos of the circus train.

After that, we all went back to Mineola, did some usual railfanning, and ended up chasing down the bus(thanks Joe!!!!).

by Long Island 7285

NIMBY... How was that bus!!!!

that was some un usal "rail fanning" chasing the N23(?)

by NIMBYkiller

Hey man, thanks alot for getting me to that bus. I really appreciate it.

The bus hauled ass going down 101. Non-stop from Northern Blvd til Fairview!

by badneighbor

when does the train leave garden?

by Long Island 7285

Tuesday Morning..(?) i dont have the times probly eailry right after the rush.

by Lirr168

do you mean it'll depart for LIC on tuesday morning?

by Long Island 7285

Correct, LIRR168.

the circus train should leave the GCS between 730-9am it left with in that slot last year, so i dont see why it would be any diffrent..

Employees.. got any times, thanks