• Revere, Ma.

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by theseaandalifesaver

If you ride on the newburyport line, you go through Revere.

There is an old line that if you walk it(which i did) you end up in East Boston.

Any one have any info on this?

by TomNelligan

I'm guessing that you're probably referring to the former Boston & Albany/New York Central freight branch to the East Boston waterfront, which was the east end of the still-active CSX Grand Junction branch (also used by the MBTA to shuttle equipment between the North Side and South Side lines). There was also B&M trackage to the tank farms in the area, plus the long-abandoned Boston, Revere Beach & Lynn narrow gauge electric line -- it was a very busy place once. You may want to check out an old map for details.

by CSX Conductor

By the way the original poster wrote it I assumed he was referring to the lead to the old tank farms.
  by GP40MC1118

He mentions Revere, so I assume he's refering to the East Boston Branch
at Revere - the B&M branch down to the oil tanks (which connects to the
former B&A branch).

The real B&A branch is one the used to parallel the Eastern Route mainline from Everett Jct to Chelsea. Just past Chelsea station,
it went off to East Boston via the bridge over Chelsea Creek(?).

d