• Report SEPTA Delays Here:

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Matthew Mitchell

Anyone know if there were wire problems this morning? We ran wrong main through Logan on the way in today.
  by scotty269

Matthew Mitchell wrote:Anyone know if there were wire problems this morning? We ran wrong main through Logan on the way in today.
What time? I was at Fern Rock at 6:30 this AM and there were no obvious problems.
  by scotty269

SEPTA Service has been temporarily suspended on the R2 Wilmington/Newark regional rail line due to police activity near Sharon Hill Station.
Updated: 5:15pm

Lansdale 4253 Marcus Hook SUSPEND
Temple U 9249 Claymont SUSPEND
Temple U 5251 Newark De 18 mins
Marcus Hook 4372 West Trenton 9 mins

Edit: 6pm update

R2 service restored, all trains will operate local service in both directions until further notice, expect delays.
  by Matthew Mitchell

Must have involved 0248. TrainView showed a protect for it.
  by rslitman

R3 Passenger wrote:According to SEPTA, something happened at Woodbourne. I missed 4007 and ended up waiting for a late 6321. It was packed. I guess the toasters got a good run today pulling 7 bombers jammed with people.
Just discovered this site today. Above was posted on January 29. Never heard much about what happened to the trespasser who was struck - apparently survived, at least initially. News was no doubt made "old" by traffic accident death of a police officer later that morning on US 1 not very far above (both literally and figuratively) Woodbourne Station.

I'm a reverse commuter, usually on train 328, to West Trenton. There were single track operations three working days in a row in the morning on that line - Thursday 1/29, Friday 1/30, and Monday 2/2.
  by scotty269

Expect delays on 5745. The engine (2305) keeps dying out on the engineer. She is able to reset it, but it keeps tripping. She's currently stopped at the hole.

According to mechanical, 2305 had two traction motors cut out this AM due to current issues, but apparently the engineer put them back in before departing the yard.

Everything seems good, now.
  by scotty269

Also, a car knocked out a big box near Fortuna. Dispatch says that nothing is affected, and that he doesn't know what the box was for. Crossing gates and lights are working.
  by khecht

Train View's showing 5251, the evening R2 Newark express, running 45 late. Since this comes out of the yard, I'd expect some sort of engine issue as the most likely culprit, though that is but an assumption.
  by R3 Passenger

I'm hearing a lot of horn blowing coming from Neshaminy Falls. I usually never hear anything except the faint horn from Inbounds crossing at Langhorne Station. Is something up?
  by scotty269

R3 Passenger wrote:I'm hearing a lot of horn blowing coming from Neshaminy Falls. I usually never hear anything except the faint horn from Inbounds crossing at Langhorne Station. Is something up?
I guess it's due to my LOS, but I have no radio chatter from up there. I can hear SEPTA just fine, including (on a good day) the MFL and BSS, but I don't get anything from CSX. That includes the Philly line and the Trenton line.
  by rslitman

R3 Passenger wrote:I'm hearing a lot of horn blowing coming from Neshaminy Falls. I usually never hear anything except the faint horn from Inbounds crossing at Langhorne Station. Is something up?
I got to West Trenton between 5:05 and 5:10 to catch train 371, due to depart at 5:18. 370, which turns around as 371, had just unloaded the same four cars that were on 328/329 this morning and moved in the direction of the yard. (These trains usually have just three cars. I figured the extra one was due to expected increased ridership due to the Flower Show.)

Without glancing in the direction of the yard, I went into the station waiting room and saw a lot more people than usual, including some people that I recognized as regular 369 riders. It turned out that 368 had arrived very late, around the time it was supposed to go back as 369 (4:49 p.m.). I finally looked in the direction of the yard and saw two SEPTA trains. One was off to the side, closer to the outbound track, and the other was on the inbound track. In addition, there was a freight heading toward us but on the outbound track, probably because of the train that was sitting on the inbound track.

The train on the inbound track finally approached, bringing almost everyone out of the station. This one was a five-car train, so it was almost certainly 369, which usually does have that many. However, it honked its horn and sped past us without stopping. I wondered if there was something wrong with it (such as no heat).

Several minutes later, the other train, 371, finally pulled out of the siding and into the station. I guess it had to leave some space between it and the other SEPTA train. I half expected the freight to come through first, thus blocking the SEPTA train's path and delaying us even longer. (This would not be the first time that 371 was late due to a freight blocking it from exiting its layover position. I have heard that the freights have priority on this segment.) But the SEPTA train came out first.

I asked the conductor what the problem was with the other train, and he said it was going to run express to Neshaminy Falls to make up for some lost time. In fact, it probably started picking passengers up before then because we didn't seem to get many boarding at Langhorne.

There were the usual folks getting on at Bethayres today asking, "Does this train stop at Jenkintown?" One of them carried a clear plastic bag of new-looking garden implements. No doubt they were Flower Show attendees who don't take the train much and ended up on the express, 6378.
  by PopeDX

Any idea what's going on with the R5 L/D?
  by scotty269

Delays on all lines up-to 15 minutes due to equipment problems and heavy passenger volume from The Flower Show.
Doylestown 567 Malvern SUSPEND

All lines have several trains running 10+ minutes late