• Preview to Movie About Guilford

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Guilford Guy

Well Im trying to cpature Guilford ectc before the PAR equipment invasion
heres the preview if anyones interested
The footage is ok even though I forgot the Tripod
[/url]
Last edited by Guilford Guy on Wed May 10, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by peterw

Really not a good idea to trespass, but to trespass,record it, admit ownership to it,and put it on this forum. That is an exceptionally BAD IDEA!

by Guilford Guy

unless your familiar with the area and would know I did not notice any sign stating not to tresspass
Even the company workers didnt mind me filming

by peterw

Does not have to be posted. Company workers aren't cops. Just giving you some good advice to avoid a citation,arrest,or to get whacked by a train. :(

by mick

Last edited by mick on Fri May 26, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

by Guilford Guy

I w as worried about that, the link has been edited out

by mick

Last edited by mick on Fri May 26, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by peterw

Good railfan? Missed my point completely I guess.

by NaugMOW

Alex, if you want to make movies like that just do it of through freight. A passing freight train is not nearly as likely to commit any rule violations. I, as well, noticed 2 things that the crew probably shouldn't have been doing. Not NORAC rule violations, but a couple small safety things. In a video like this, the crew is very easily identifiable. GRS folks DO read message boards so that is what the concern is over.

by Cowford

If the violations were legitimately recorded, shouldn't the crew have been turned in? Aren't rules put in place for the safety of employees and the public? Shouldn't the management be made aware of this?

S... if Sixty Minutes was recording, the union would have made it out to be management's fault.

by mick

Last edited by mick on Fri May 26, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by peterw

Once again I will say (missed my point all together) Talk about NORAC rule violatons and delay of train,what about Guilford Guy breaking the law and putting himself in danger. Then if he got hit think about how that would affect the train crew. (your a good railfan)Are we endorsing trespassing to this young railfan.

There are plenty of advantage points for observing,filming,and photographing without putting yourself and others in harms way as well as staying within legal boundries.

by NaugMOW

In support of what Peter is saying:
a) We should not do things, such as film switch crews, that could potentially get a crew in trouble. There is already a strained relationship between railfains and railroads to begin with. What good is it going to do any of us if the crews are worried about getting in trouble because of us.
b) As always, trespassing is not a good idea. As I said before, it does not help railfans as a whole because it is illegal and the railroads frown upon it. I cannot remember seeing anything definite that the video was filmed from RR property, but I do not know the area so I cannot be sure. When railfans go on RR property, they put there own safety at risk. There is a reason railroads don't want us there.

To support what I was saying, whenever I post a photo that has a crew member in it, I blur out the face. I did not have permission to post a photo of the individual, so I do not feel right doing it. See the following photo:

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... key=chadb9

This way the individual cannot be identified.

The switching rule I believe mick and I noticed was something that crews do on a daily basis. It was something that maybe should not be done technically, but not doing so would slow down the operations significantly. Should they be reported?? Well I guarantee you that if they got in trouble the next time they saw a railfan they wouldn't hesitate to call the police.

by peterw

"I cannot remember seeing anything definite that the video was filmed from RR property, but I do not know the area so I cannot be sure."

Chad

He is in the Hill yard in Ayer and at the Turnout. He is too close to the tracks and the train, and is definitely on railroad property.

by Guilford Guy

actually, I was standing on the ayer MBTA platform and happened to have the camera on zoom