Railroad Forums 

• Preview to Movie About Guilford

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#245298  by peterw

Damn good camera son. :wink: Understand you wanna do damage control,but your just making it worse. :(

#245302  by SLR 393

Holy smokes, maybe we should all put our cameras away and just not take pics of trains. Geez. Railfans should use a little discretion, and I am not defending the person who made the movie, but man, lighten up. I know PLENTY of professional railroaders on several railroads and they all do their jobs to the best of their abilities. And once in a while, make mistakes. It happens. Not one has ever said "don't take pictures while I am switching" or anything else. Taking pictures of trains is going to happen and if they are switching, well, hopefully the crew is being professional and doing their best. If not, when the guy takes out a camera, maybe they should think about what they are doing. Could be an inspector, a loss control person, or just a railfan. Whatever. Doesn't matter. I just hope you guys don't hassle other railfans about this in person. :(

#245879  by MEC407

I didn't see the video in question before the link was removed, but as somebody who likes to photograph and videotape trains, I would say this: DON'T trespass. It just @#$% things up for the rest of us who are trying to obey the laws and not irk the railroaders.
Last edited by MEC407 on Sun May 14, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#245896  by Guilford Guy

just another bit of information
I talked witth the brakemen, He didnnt mind me taking pictures
nothing importa just lettin ye know

#245931  by NaugMOW

Are you related to a certain SLR dispatcher by any chance? :wink:

#246082  by Jonny Bolt

I think the "Bleeding Hearts" need to take it easy on the guy. Relax. Nobody needs to puff up about it.

Too much whining and lecturing for my own good, honestly.

#246734  by GP40MC 1116

Not taking sides on anyone's parts here.. but in this day in age you could be on a public street taking a picture of a train going over a bridge.. Your not doing anything per say wrong, but the cops don't seem to get that. When i take pictures of trains, its from a station platform or public area that anyone can acess thus not making anything illegal of what I am doing.
 #248830  by SPACEMONKEY

is it a comedy?
 #249988  by eotd

SPACEMONKEY wrote:is it a comedy?
No, but this conversation is!
:P