• P&W Locomotive Fleet

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by 161pw165

No changes to any of the three. All are in service in the area in "as delivered" livery except for the already mentioned renumbering / relettering. With P&W's power crunch, they'll probably stay this way for a while.
  by PAR381

All 3 B40-8W's are returning on BOPW from the power plant in Bow NH this afternoon the 16th of Dec

Rich B
  by 161pw165

As reported in a P&W Yahoo group, the 4005 arrived at Plainfield for painting.
  by daylight4449

161pw165 wrote:As reported in a P&W Yahoo group, the 4005 arrived at Plainfield for painting.
into P&W colors? or just touchup to the warbonnet?
  by daylight4449

daylight4449 wrote:
161pw165 wrote:As reported in a P&W Yahoo group, the 4005 arrived at Plainfield for painting.
into P&W colors? or just touchup to the warbonnet?
is there any pics of her in plainfield?
  by PAR381

The 4005 will be painted in full P&W colors.

Should take 4 to 6 weeks to complete the paint job, look for photos after that time.

Rich B
  by daylight4449

PAR381 wrote:The 4005 will be painted in full P&W colors.

Should take 4 to 6 weeks to complete the paint job, look for photos after that time.

Rich B
come onnnn! i'm already waiting for MBTA #10. do i have to wait for more stuff?
  by CSX Conductor

daylight4449 wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:first it was cab, now its nose ?? what is it ???
cab, nose (same meaning), the front of the engine. sorry if i wasn't clear enough
Sorry, but Dutch is right. The cab & the nose ARE NOT the same. The cab would be the area in which the crew is located (operating compartment), whereas the nose is the forward part of the locomotive.
  by TrainManTy

daylight4449 wrote:

Rich B
come onnnn! i'm already waiting for MBTA #10. do i have to wait for more stuff?
Yep.
  by CSX Conductor

As far as paint schemes, as much as I like the P&W scheme I would like to see these units stay in the BNSF colors. I saw one of them a few weeks ago in Providence and it looked very sharp.
  by PAR381

They will all be painted into P&W colors........ the BNSF scheme is for BNSF
  by daylight4449

PAR381 wrote:They will all be painted into P&W colors........ the BNSF scheme is for BNSF
to bad they can't bring back the red and white scheme
  by daylight4449

Rich B
so it's been almost a month. any word on if 4005 is done?
  by jaymac

daylight4449-
Yup, the PW red-and-white scheme looked sharp -- for a while. Four-stroke exhaust had and -- even with computers -- still has a way of schmutzing up white. The NS geo cars have white roofs and are EMD-hauled, at least when they've been on PAS.
  by PAR381

Work on the 4005 is proceeding slowly as of last Friday it was still being sanded and cleaned up for paint. As usual the P&W does a very high quality job on their paint jobs...

RIch B