• slash through the letter on lrvs

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by efin98

and fitting with the theme of the thread, above your reflection is a red slash (E?)

by jrc520

hehe, yea. The old Heath St. /Park St. turn back. :-D

by ctaman34

don't e trains run between heath st and lechmere

by efin98

ctaman34 wrote:don't e trains run between heath st and lechmere
Not any more, Lechmere is closed until next Jue. E now runs Heath Street to North Station.

by ctaman34

oh yeah

by ctaman34

jrc520 wrote:out of service, heck yea. I think it was 3417 that pulled the derailed t8 from the E branch. they can pull, but just not talk to each other.
talk to each other what do you mean?

by efin98

ctaman34 wrote:
jrc520 wrote:out of service, heck yea. I think it was 3417 that pulled the derailed t8 from the E branch. they can pull, but just not talk to each other.
Electronics and PA announcments probably, maybe also breaking and propulsion if it's a larger difference.

by octr202

ctaman34 wrote:
The cars are capable of making a mechanical coupling, but cannot be MUed to run together. (This is an issue, since unlike railroad equipment with the universal knuckl coupler, MU couplers can come in many different designs.) The T has wisely required different models of equipment to be capable of this, so that in an emergency, any cars/trains can push or pull a disabled trainout of the way. The same is true on the Red Line...the new Bombardier 01800 cars can mechanically couple with the older cars, but its no different than towing a freight car with a locomotive.

by ctaman34

why are the boston A rollsigns on the type 7 the A doesn't exist

by N.Y. State Of Mind

That was for when Watertown service was to be restored.

by ctaman34

N.Y. State Of Mind wrote:That was for when Watertown service was to be restored.
oh yeah but They Haven't

by Robert Paniagua

That's right, and there are NO plans to ever reactivate the A watertown Branch at all, in fact, they also have torn up all the A line trackage.

by N.Y. State Of Mind

According to tha PMT Appendix, page 193:

Green Line to Brighton (Watertown Line)*
Restoration of the former Green Line A Branch would face numerous challenges to providing handicapped accessibility in mixed traffic. Instead, a Silver Line western spur will be examined in detail as part of the PMT and would serve many of the same destinations in Allston and Brighton.

So, over a technicality, there will be no re-activation of A branch service. Instead, look foward to Bâstard Rapid Transit serving tha former A branch corridor instead.

by jrc520

Hey! I take offence to the Large B Bastard statement!

Use small b instead. It doesn't offend your system administrators :-p

And yea, No more Sliver Lie!

by N.Y. State Of Mind

Well, I have to tell it like it is. After all, Bus Rapid Transit is an illegitimate form of rapid transit. :wink: