• FBI and NJ State Police investigating NEC photography

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Ken W2KB

You might be wise to go to Metropark initially rather than beg the question at Rahway. Carry an Amtrak timetable, too. :wink:

by BigDell

I think you are right, Ken W2KB...

However... I have been railfanning at Rahway since I was 15 years old... I mean, its almost 30 years.... I can't even imagine having a NJT cop come up to me on my "home turf" and chastising me for photographing the odd local or Amtrak clocker... No, I'm going to print out my Amtrak web page (I've already downloaded and saved the file) and give it a go....
I'm a Libertarian at heart (for those in the home audience who think in terms of Conservatives and liberals - a Libertarian is your worst nightmare -- we believe in personal responsibility and make no excuses :-)

I really think I will give it a try and see what happens. I'll make a point of taking one of the "lesser" cameras just in case....

;-)
BigDell

by nick11a

BigDell wrote:I can't even imagine having a NJT cop come up to me on my "home turf" and chastising me for photographing the odd local or Amtrak clocker...
Yeah, the I lived in Rahway as a baby. Berkeley Heights though is my primary home right now and this a safe and great place for me to railfan at. However, the other day for the first time I saw cops on the platform at BH. Needless to say, while they were there, I didn't get any photos. So I know how you feel Dell.

by BigDell

Understood Young Nick!

You must have enjoyed railfanning Rahway - such a great place to get the full mix of trains...

Gee... NJT Cops .... Even in Berkely Heights? (Nice area, by the way...)

Hmm...
I'm definitely bringing the cheap camera.

Wish me luck!
;-)

BigDell

by Don31

Please keep us posted Nick and Dell!!

I'm in Cranford and pretty much roam all over. I'm leaving in a few for NYC to grab some shots of the 9th Street/Smith Street "F" Train platform today.......

by nick11a

Good luck Dell and Don. Young Nick? Well, I guess 19 is young. Hahaha. Have fun at Rahway Dell. Btw, I find that my favorite time to railfan there is on a warm summer evening right before and during sunset.

by RVRR Resurrected

No other religious school teaches this garbage of hate.

" The history of providing support for the madrassas -- in which children are taught to hate those who do not share their common beliefs and that it is acceptable to attack, in violent forms rather than in discourses, differences in philosophies, culture and religion -- has been a principle source of worldwide unrest and support of elements hostile to Western ideas and civilization," Ben-Veniste."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/06/ ... index.html

Many are savages.

by BigDell

Well - I got out the camera and started shooting....
As I mentioned in the NJT forum, I had MUCH luck at both Rahway and Potters these past two weeks!
I made it OBVIOUS that I was railfanning... had my old Minolta 35MM around my neck, I had my radio on and even had a nice chair set up next to my truck when I was at Potters... No problems, no issues.
In fact, even the conductors at Rahway paid me no never-mind.

Hey...maybe I ought to have a tailgaiting party at Potters one afternoon.
I'll set up, grill some burgers, put the game on a portable TV, shoot everything that comes by and any of you guys that cruise by can pull in for a tall cold one. (Don't put it past me, I'm the type that'd do it...)
Maybe when football season starts...
BigDell

(Any soccer fans out there? I'm enjoying the UEFA matches immensely).

by Robert Paniagua

I made it OBVIOUS that I was railfanning... had my old Minolta 35MM around my neck, I had my radio on and even had a nice chair set up next to my truck when I was at Potters... No problems, no issues.
In fact, even the conductors at Rahway paid me no never-mind.

That's great. Glad that nobody (railroad employees especially) hassled you over it. Now that this issue on the NJ NEC has now calmed down, although I now use a camcourder video camera for my railfanning stuff.