• RE: Locked threads

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

by Vincent

I've been reading rr.net for about 2 years and started posting several monthes ago. I learned quickly that posts need to be related to the thread title or they would go into the sidings. However today I went to the Alexander Kummant thread in the Amtrak forum to read the latest postings. Surprise! The last 11 posts don't even mention Mr. Kummant! The discussion has become a semantics battle about George Bush's view on Amtrak--with no relationship to the Kummant appointment. I pity the fool who wants to intrude on the battle with a comment about Mr. Kummant. "Has George W. Bush tried to destroy/decimate/kill Amtrak?" would likely be a lively topic to discuss, but how are people to know that the discussion is buried on page 3 of the Alexander Kummant thread? When the topic gets too far from the thread title, please start a new thread so that all can offer their opinions on the new subject and so that the original thread doesn't get hijacked.

And finally, even though moderating is supposed to be a thankless job with zero reimbursement, let me thank all moderators for the job they do. My favorite part of rr.net isn't reading the people that agree with my viewpoints but reading the people who disagree with my viewpoints. Let all the voices be heard!

by Mike Roque

Otto Vondrak wrote:PS- Think of the humor value if I locked a thread titled "Locked Threads." It would be ironic and clever.
Well, I think this topic has gone way off topic and run its course. Lock.