• Stagnation on the NYA Forum?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by bellstbarn

For several years, an eastbound freight would come through Wantagh about 9:20 a.m. weekdays, following Jamaica-to-Patchogue train 2764, 8:51 a.m. out of Jamaica. I have not seen it in months. Could somebody explain what happened? Many thanks.

by M1 9147

I think the freight uses the Central Branch as the RS30, so that's why you don't see it there anymore.

by tushykushy

Well any kind of freight above 35-40 cars is big stuff on the island and some people do appreciate it because years ago there used to be 100 car hauls out east.

A few people who work for the RR think the island is way boring but bring them to upstate NY or even NJ... and watch their tongue's flop out (given that they are a buff.)

Scrap you can't deny that if you're hauling 50+ cars with 3 engines that isn't some kind of rush... especially if theres plenty of people to see that on the station platforms.

by Scrap em Again

Relax Joe, it was just a joke. I do enjoy running the 'larger' trains on the island. Anything beats running those 4-6 car dinkys on the Pt. Jeff during the week. This past Saturday we had 58 going from Pond to Pine. The thing would not even fit into Pine, we had to break it up before we could clear up. I thought that was pretty cool.
The whole thing was a inside joke between me and my ex-condr. TheHows it going 80 does not make much sense does it? The "its true' bit was also used, it just fit here so perfectly, I could not resist to take a jab :wink:

Yours trully;
Scrap (of the Workers!!)

by Bdawson266

Hey Scrap! How is the "T" Head Lantern doing? "It's True" is not the only thing us 3 knuckle heads would say or do. But those kind of things, just memories now, none of those fun things ever happen no more! It is a shame! For the times we were all on the 100 were some of the best times, got the work done and we sure as hell had a lot of fun doing it!

I sure will not miss the summers of going east on the 50, freightguy can sure agree with me on that. THE SUMMER OF HELL right Freightguy?

Mr "YA" (GONE BUT NOT IN SPIRIT)

by mutz155

OKAY GUY.

by The Workers

"It's a grey area guy". Me & Mutz still get to deal with the homeless. But now we only get to throw them off our trains. Unlike the Bayridge & Bushwick branches where we would just run them over! Ahh, the memories!

by KFC Jones

To: B Dawson266 and The Workers: I'll rumble any night you choose! Meet me at Hudson, bring your 8 ouncers! Scrap Em and Freightguy you can come too if you can find it!

BOO YAH

by KFC Jones

The forum will never be what it was when the literate wiseasses like myself and certain others posted about the NYA Follies. At the time, there was so much going on there that was contrary to common sense. We had co-workers who bent the rules to a ludicrous degree to comment on too! And our backseat managing couldn't be beat! Plus the inside jokes, the practical jokes, the pyrotecnic hijinks... all good fodder for internet posting after work. (Speaking for myself, I had little to no life at the time, which helped.) Add to that we had some true railfans who would piece out info to the other buffs on the forum to keep 'em coming back (T-head's still going strong on that front). Many of the wiseasses have moved on, some found hobbies, some discovered women... Then there's MUTZ, still angry, still chiming in every once in a while.

But the "old" forum really died when the sole managment voice stopped posting... you can't have an argument when everyone agrees. Come back JT!

Being Slavic and Irish I have a natural inclination towards nostalgia and unsettled scores, plus I tend to view life through the rear-view mirror anyway. I guess that's why I'm on here- three years after the second time I quit NYA!

Steve "Disgruntled, then Gruntled" Gorka

by mutz155

MY BIG HAT OFF TO GRUNTLED (AKA DISGRUNTLED). HE IS CORRECT. THIS FORUM IS INCREDIBLY BORING AND TEDIOUS (NO CAMPAIGNING IN GAUL THIS WEEK? - MUST BE PRETTY BORING PILLAGING). FRED KRABS AND HIS LACKEY (AKA KENNY BOY) HAVE MUZZLED ALL CRITICISM. MOST LIKELY BECAUSE THINGS ARE PROBABLY HEADING SOUTH LIKE THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN. BIG PLANS BIG PLANS AND MORE BIG PLANS. FREDDY'S BIGGEST PROBLEM IS HE CANT GET BACK HOME AND IS PERMANENTLY TIED TO THE SHORT FELLOW WITH MUSTACHE AND GLASSES (NYA IS PROBABLY A VERY GOOD TAX WRITE-OFF). I CERTAINLY MISS PARKING THE ENGINE IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE - I MEAN TRAILER. THE DAYS. AH YES THE DAYS. FREIGHTGUY AND THE REST OF YOUZ GUYS - SPEAK UP! CHANGE YOUR SIGNONS AND SPEAK THE TRUTH. IT WILL SET YOU FREE! HOPEFULLY NOT FROM YOUR JOBS. SAY HI TO DANDY DON FOR ME.

by Fla East Coast Chris

Awww Comeon guys you did not mention the One and Only Best employee ever and that is......................................................................RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve you thought you were disgruntled..

by The Workers

I agree. But that's open to argument!
  by BMT

Well, sorry to break up the boredom here, but I noticed some tie replacement was done on da Ridge near Brooklyn Avenue Overpass.

And while on the subject, it sorta looks like the final retaining wall for the mall seems waaaaay to close to the ROW. No more wide loads on da Ridge.

Anyone find an errant bullbozer on the tracks yet? :wink: