• ADM/Great Northern silos-Buffalo

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SST

Any picture is better than no picture at all. Especially night time pics.

I'm keeping a close eye on the night time temps. I don't have my boat in a slip anymore and therefore very susceptible to freezing temps. Can't believe its the end of the season already.
  by SST

I took a drive down to the marina and as I passed over the Skyway, I noticed that the remaining brick wall has been removed. There is nothing left.
  by SST

A work shed at ADM? They have laid a large layer of crushed stone along the former base of the Great Northern.
IMG_1386.jpeg
IMG_1387.jpeg
Another sad thing is that while Ganson St has been repaved, all the rails that crossed the street have been ripped up and paved over.

Due to all the rails being ripped up coming out of the yard, ADM has some new switches leading into the “garages”(loading?) and the several tracks outside for unloading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by videobruce

When was Ganson St repaved?? Are you sure the old xings were removed, or just paved over?
  by SST

I'm not certain when it was paved. But it looks pretty fresh so either late last year or early this year.

I also thought that maybe they paved over the rails. But as I rode down the street, I could see that there were no rails on the side of the street where they would have remained visible if it was just a pave over. There is also debris laying around like tie plates and a couple of spikes. Stuff that wasn't there before.
  by videobruce

Got it.
It wasn't that long ago I went thru there and it wasn't paved. I was wondering when that was going to happen with al the 'tourist' traffic for the latest entertainment offerings.v :wink: