• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Just been informed that C&D has been doing heavy repairs to the Woodhaven siding. Will confirm Tuesday…
  by CharlieL

They're getting a lot of poles lately. When I went by Saturday (Friday?) there were 3 loaded pole cars sitting on the Freehold siding behind 2005.
  by Bracdude181

jdh823 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:44 am
Bracdude181 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:49 am 4 CARS for EH Allen Pole on JB-1 today…
The video I saw today showed otherwise
What video? I was shown a picture of the 4 cars sitting in Freehold…
  by Bracdude181

JB-1 is the symbol for the local on the Freehold Industrial Track. Chesapeake and Delaware now runs that line and the Southern.

Also heard there’s more trackwork going on near Englishtown.
  by jdh823

Bracdude181 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:00 pm What video? I was shown a picture of the 4 cars sitting in Freehold…
I saw a video of them leaving Jamesburg. Was the Caboose, 3 hoppers, and a center beam
  by CharlieL

There are currently 4 pole cars in Freehold, 3 behind and coupled to 2005 as I saw on Friday or Saturday, and a fourth sitting slightly apart and currently being unloaded. 1 PM Monday. So not on JB-1 today.
  by Bracdude181

I have not had the the time to check until now. Will see if I hear it on the scanner.

Edit: Even if 31 didn’t run I don’t see why RB-1 wouldn’t run tomorrow. SA31 brought 9 cars down on Friday night but RB-1 never brought them down.

Have asked a few of my friends and they haven’t heard anything on 31 today…
  by Bracdude181

No. Typically they don’t run on the same day. Both trains are typically run by the same crew.