• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

There was an extended layover at Woodhaven so they could refuel 752.

A whole bunch of new ties went in on Woodhavens siding between the switch for the main and the switch for the two tracks inside Woodhaven. Mainline switch still has the gauge rod repair from earlier plus some new spikes. Doesn’t look like they flipped the ties. Rest of the track is much better now though.
  by Bracdude181

As of today, three railroad crossings in Howell are now functioning again.

Maxim Rd
Oak Glen Rd
Miller Rd
  by CharlieL

Well, the D&RR has "owned" the Freehold Industrial and the Southern secondary for six months now, and we have seen more too-long deferred maintenance and repairs performed than we, or at least I, had seen in the past 3 or 4 years. I would call it a "win", both for the customers and the rail fans. What say you?
  by Bracdude181

CharlieL wrote:Well, the D&RR has "owned" the Freehold Industrial and the Southern secondary for six months now, and we have seen more too-long deferred maintenance and repairs performed than we, or at least I, had seen in the past 3 or 4 years. I would call it a "win", both for the customers and the rail fans. What say you?
IMO There is still room for improvement. Many railroad crossings still aren’t working and there is still plenty of decrepit track that needs repairs. Especially if RB-1 is going to continue to absolutely fly between Farmingdale and Lakewood.

I haven’t heard much on what the customers think but from what I hear, opinions are very mixed…
  by AceMacSD

This has been a big win for the company and the customers as well as the infrastructure. Tracks are being repaired. Customer service is better than under Conrail Shared Assets. There's still a lot of work to be done but at the least it's a step in the right direction with a long way to go and much more to come.

Going back to an earlier post. Please don't post train speeds on this forum. I'm sure this was discussed here before.
  by CharlieL

Of course there'[s room for improvement. There always is. You're not gonna get Beethoven quality on a Tiny Tim budget. You should chip in a coupla ties or something.