Lined and Locked normal 10:15 PM
  by Bracdude181

Approaching Maxwell Rd 11:19 Pm
  by Bracdude181

Approaching Downtown Farmingdale at 12:47 PM
  by Bracdude181

Old Tavern Road at 1:10 AM
  by pumpers

Probably down to a dozen posts or so before we have to change the name of this thread.
  by Bracdude181

I mean, we already have a topic for the new operator. I’m not sure what will happen to this one…
  by R&DB

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:13 am I mean, we already have a topic for the new operator. I’m not sure what will happen to this one…
Keep it for historical significance. Too much data to lose.
  by Bracdude181

@R&DB Agreed 100%
  by David

Changes to this thread will be taking place when I return from my New Jersey vacation August 4th. Thank you.
  by Bracdude181

Speaking of changes.

Just a quick reminder that next week (June 30th) is supposed to be the final run of Conrail to Lakewood. Conrail still has the rights to run down here but wether or not they will ever again is probably gonna depend on how things play out.

For Freehold, next Monday and Wednesday, (the 27th and 29th respectively) are supposed to be the final runs there as well.
  by R&DB

David wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:14 am Changes to this thread will be taking place when I return from my New Jersey vacation August 4th. Thank you.
David, while you are in NJ if you get near Toms River contact me if you have spare time.
  by Bracdude181

I’ve just been told that the train is at Woodhaven…
  by JohnFromJersey

David wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:14 am Changes to this thread will be taking place when I return from my New Jersey vacation August 4th. Thank you.
I think it would be better to merge the relatively new DRRR thread with this one and rename it. The line will still be the Southern, just with a new operator.
Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:34 am Just a quick reminder that next week (June 30th) is supposed to be the final run of Conrail to Lakewood. Conrail still has the rights to run down here but wether or not they will ever again is probably gonna depend on how things play out.
I doubt CR will run on the line again. I think the future of the Southern is going to be shortlines exchanging with CR. It's for the best for both the line's preservation, the customers of the lines, CR, the shortlines, and lastly, us railfans. It will be very nice to see this line become less of a POS, and have more frequent trains with the potential for them to be longer.

In addition, I hope the last CR train this coming Thursday won't be as late as it was this past Thursday. I also wonder if a lot of people will come out to see the last CR train on the SOUS for the foreseeable future...
Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:23 pm I’ve just been told that the train is at Woodhaven…
Looks like we're getting a late Saturday night or sometime in the day Sunday return run.