• Has anybody heard from "Scharnhorst"?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by BR&P

The news is telling us of increasing turmoil between Russia and Ukraine. For the last couple years I have not seen anything from forum member Scharnhorst. I suspect he may have gone back to Ukraine - does anybody have info on his well-being? Hoping he is well and safe..... :(
  by charlie6017

I haven't seen anything of him for quite a while, Don. Hopefully he's doing ok wherever he is! Wasn't he out in Oklahoma for some time? 🤔

Charlie
  by BR&P

We exchanged PM's a few times while he was out near Tulsa. In October 2017 he was back in NY after a lay-off out there. Said he probably would not be posting much as he had trouble logging on. We talked a bit then but nothing since, I sent a PM a couple years ago with no reply. He said he does post on YouTube but no idea what name he uses there.
  by charlie6017

Hmmm......finding users on there can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Hopefully he resurfaces!
  by BR&P

Well the funny thing is, a week or two back I was on the web, I think it was YouTube as I hit about 15 or 20 songs a night practicing music. On the right side they show other "offerings" and I saw a guy sitting in a loco cab. I just can't remember the name of the video, or the poster's name, and because I didn't actually click on it I can't find it in history. But it did have something to do with Ukraine and I wondered if that guy was him. Maybe some YouTube searches would show it again.
  by BR&P

Just a bump. Hope the guy is OK over there - or better yet, back here in the States. Anybody know anything?
  by charlie6017

I sure hope he's back over here. Scary times, unfortunately. 🙏🏽