• Ex-IT SD39's

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MR77100

Are there still some ex-Illinois Terminal SD39's on the Guilford's roster? I remember reading that Boston & Maine and Maine Central had them. Does anyone know what I can do if I want to preserve one?

by MEC407

There are two of them left -- BM 690 and 692 -- but both of them were out of service last time I heard anything about them.

If you want to buy one, call Guilford and make an offer.

by MR77100

I just want to inform everyone that I am making an attempt along with the Illinois Traction Society to obtain the last Illinois Terminal SD39 from Guilford. It was retired recently, and I hope that something works out. I would appreciate any further information.

by MEC407

Good luck! Keep us posted.

by natethegreat

If the ITS is able to get this sd39 what would they do with it? Where would it be restored/stored? I was looking at the ITS website, and i was wondering where they keep the equpiment. Do they give it to museams?
THanks,
nate