Railroad Forums 

• Ex-IT SD39's

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#149004  by MR77100

Are there still some ex-Illinois Terminal SD39's on the Guilford's roster? I remember reading that Boston & Maine and Maine Central had them. Does anyone know what I can do if I want to preserve one?

#149314  by MEC407

There are two of them left -- BM 690 and 692 -- but both of them were out of service last time I heard anything about them.

If you want to buy one, call Guilford and make an offer.

#158828  by MR77100

I just want to inform everyone that I am making an attempt along with the Illinois Traction Society to obtain the last Illinois Terminal SD39 from Guilford. It was retired recently, and I hope that something works out. I would appreciate any further information.

#158902  by MEC407

Good luck! Keep us posted.

#158916  by natethegreat

If the ITS is able to get this sd39 what would they do with it? Where would it be restored/stored? I was looking at the ITS website, and i was wondering where they keep the equpiment. Do they give it to museams?
THanks,
nate