• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Backshophoss

Figure on Roadswitchers demoted to yard power,Should be a few rigged for ACSES to work locals in MN /Amtrak (hellgate) territory
  by freightguy

Q701 had an SD40-2 8814 in the lead last night on Metro North with a really long cut of freight including a lot general cars including propane, lumber, and Sheetrock for the Bronx.
  by ccutler

Thanks Freightguy, how many cars per day is CSX typically bringing down to Oak Point Yard these days? I moved out of NYC in 2017 and I am wondering how much of an increase there's been.
  by freightguy

I would say the garbage and C&D is at the forefront, but I guess with people making home improvements a huge surge in lumber heading to Long Island also. The Brookhaven Rail Terminal had over 100 cars in it today.
  by GojiMet86

csx8851 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:27 am Today’s CSX inbound had a pair of new M9 cars on the tail-end.
I've noticed the M9s come down on Wednesdays.
  by csx8851

Lots of switching for todays CSX outbound. Lite power arrived to the head-end of the train around 9am. They completed their train around 10am. Here's what happened:

Setout the first two boxcars on the siding
Setout 4 cars of empty Centerbeams onto the siding
Setout about 4 cars of empty gondolas onto the siding
Rejoined the cut of mixed freight onto the rest of the train towards the end, keeping the MSW/loaded C&D up front

Seems CSX doesn't like the general freight mixed with the MSW
  by expbusop

On SB trip this am spotted Oak Point bound freight stopped with head end near University Heights, approx. 6:20 am on track closest to river. On return it was stopped with head end at Lincoln Ave crossing 7:15 am.
  by csx8851

CSX heading north to Oak Point at 1pm today with a SD40-2 leader. Yesterday caught the southbound around 10:30am.