Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1562237  by Backshophoss

Figure on Roadswitchers demoted to yard power,Should be a few rigged for ACSES to work locals in MN /Amtrak (hellgate) territory
 #1562967  by freightguy

Q701 had an SD40-2 8814 in the lead last night on Metro North with a really long cut of freight including a lot general cars including propane, lumber, and Sheetrock for the Bronx.
 #1562983  by ccutler

Thanks Freightguy, how many cars per day is CSX typically bringing down to Oak Point Yard these days? I moved out of NYC in 2017 and I am wondering how much of an increase there's been.
 #1563447  by freightguy

I would say the garbage and C&D is at the forefront, but I guess with people making home improvements a huge surge in lumber heading to Long Island also. The Brookhaven Rail Terminal had over 100 cars in it today.
 #1565410  by csx8851

Lots of switching for todays CSX outbound. Lite power arrived to the head-end of the train around 9am. They completed their train around 10am. Here's what happened:

Setout the first two boxcars on the siding
Setout 4 cars of empty Centerbeams onto the siding
Setout about 4 cars of empty gondolas onto the siding
Rejoined the cut of mixed freight onto the rest of the train towards the end, keeping the MSW/loaded C&D up front

Seems CSX doesn't like the general freight mixed with the MSW
 #1568823  by expbusop

On SB trip this am spotted Oak Point bound freight stopped with head end near University Heights, approx. 6:20 am on track closest to river. On return it was stopped with head end at Lincoln Ave crossing 7:15 am.