• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by R&DB

GSC wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:28 pm At least the detour around the Squankum Road crossing would just be a quick left-right around it. According to the map, the location is called Larrabee. I've seen it referred to as "Larrabee's Crossing" in old writings.
Larrabee's was at one time a flag stop for the CNJ. I believe there was even a shed type shelter. There is still a Station Place between Squankum Rd and Waverly Place.
  by GSC

Any news today on SA31? Finally, a Thursday without rain and no one has anything for me to do, might do a little chasin'.
  by Bracdude181

@GSC It should come down as usual today. I’m in Port Reading, so once I’m done here I’ll go see what SA31 is up to.

I’m glad to be chasing without the threat of a tornado and rain so heavy that it reduces visibility!
  by Bracdude181

Just a heads up that PR-19 will not be bringing the train back tomorrow as their normal conductor is on vacation.
Expect an SA38 tonight or something else to bring it back tomorrow.
  by Tanker1497

From another post! 4406 and only 6 cars, left the yard about 2:09 in the PM
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Tanker1497 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:42 pm From another post! 4406 and only 6 cars, left the yard about 2:09 in the PM
Confirmed it just arrived in South Amboy.

Let’s hope 4406 doesn’t have any PTC problems
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Browns Yard roster update as of 8/5/21:

CSX 6242 replaced CSX 6228

The other two engines remains at Browns for now.

CSX 4406 (On SA31 right now)

CSX 4432
  by Bracdude181

Lined and Locked normal 3:02 Pm
  by Bracdude181

CSX 4406 (EW) with 6 cars.
  by R&DB

About 40 minutes earlier than normal. Is this because of the short train today?
  by Bracdude181

@R&DB No idea. Usually this particular crew likes to take their time.
  by Bracdude181

They just called in Lined and Locked normal again..... 3:36 PM
  by Bracdude181

There will not be a train on the Southern today. 4406 broke down AGAIN and the train is going back to Browns.
  by Bracdude181

As of 5 PM SA31 hasn’t made it back yet. Nothing on the scanner about them on both the Coast Line and North Jersey Conrail channels.
  by Bracdude181

OI-16 is getting on the Coast Line now. I’d imagine SA-22 will go pick SA-31 up after OI-16 is clear of the Amboy Secondary.