• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

What happens to the crew if they can't drill until the next day? Do they stay at a local hotel or something?
  by Bracdude181

@JohnFromJersey A van owned by a company called Hallcon picks up the crew and I think they go back to Browns from there. Overnight hotel stays are more common for crews that take trains a very long distance. No such train exists on Conrail Shared Assets to my knowledge. Only thing that goes somewhat far is probably CA-15 which sometimes takes 39G from Abhrams Yard to Camden.
  by CR7876

All Conrail crews go home.
  by Bracdude181

Train went back through Downtown Farmingdale around 5:30 PM
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:43 pm Train went back through Downtown Farmingdale around 5:30 PM
How many cars?
  by Bracdude181

SA31 is finishing up at Bel Ray. They now have 19 cars for Browns Yard.
  by Bracdude181

Approaching Hamilton Rd 7:04 PM
  by Bracdude181

Train has stopped about 200 feet short of the signal at Patterson Ave, despite the signal showing a yellow aspect.

The signal is there to test the Cab Signals in the engine, but has it ever shown a red aspect? Is it controlled by Coast Line Dispatch??
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:38 pm Train has stopped about 200 feet short of the signal at Patterson Ave, despite the signal showing a yellow aspect.

The signal is there to test the Cab Signals in the engine, but has it ever shown a red aspect? Is it controlled by Coast Line Dispatch??
Tying down? I know that signal has two aspects, the yellow is usually on, the green usually means the line is set for the Coast Line.
  by Bracdude181

This signal doesn’t have the bulb for a green light, only yellow and red.

Conductor said they had to get the train back so I don’t think they are tying down.
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:50 pm This signal doesn’t have the bulb for a green light, only yellow and red.

Conductor said they had to get the train back so I don’t think they are tying down.
Normally Tri-light signals usually have the red aspect on the bottom.

The green on the top right & yellow on top left.
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

I just remembered that the Paterson Ave Signal has an A sign below it.

Meaning that the signal has no block or track information

It will always show a yellow or green aspect.

According to NORAC Rule number 293-b & 293-c
  by Bracdude181

On this signal, the bottom aspect has a black cover over it. The yellow lamp is on the left, and by the looks of it the red bulb is on the right side.

My friend tells me that the signal has a sensor that tells dispatch there’s a train sitting there as well. Even weirder, there’s no sensor for the ACSES PTC system that beams a signal to a sensor on the bottom of engines.

Now that I think about it this signal is kinda weird...
  by Bracdude181

Dispatch just called. SA31 will be given a window to get on Coast Line in 20 minutes, after a few trains go past.

They should move up to BANK interlocking shortly.
  by Bracdude181

SA31 leaving the Southern Secondary now and merging onto the North Jersey Coast Line at 8:30 PM sharp.