Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1570042  by trainster78

JSX331 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:06 pm Was having Dinner in Freehold borough last night and heard a train come through. Still new to this area and lines. What customers get served in the Freehold area? Thanks!
Normally on Mondays and Wednesdays, the train serves Berry Plastics and Tyler Distribution in Hightstown, Builders General and Prestone in Freehold, along with Reed & Perrine and Cary in Manalapan as needed.
 #1570050  by Bracdude181

@trainster78 Thank you. I heard Coast Line Dispatch calling browns about two CSX engines or something. Wonder what the hold up is...
 #1570052  by trainster78

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:58 pm @trainster78 Thank you. I heard Coast Line Dispatch calling browns about two CSX engines or something. Wonder what the hold up is...
Coastline wouldn’t call the yard, they’re on two separate radio channels. Something that far fetched is normally done by phone.
 #1570053  by R&DB

JSX331 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:06 pm Was having Dinner in Freehold borough last night and heard a train come through. Still new to this area and lines. What customers get served in the Freehold area? Thanks!
Welcome aboard! The RR line through Freehold is The Freehold Industrial Track (FIT) aka the Freehold Secondary. It currently runs from Jamesburg to Freehold. Will be connected to Farmingdale soon. The subject of this topic is the Southern Secondary which runs from Red Bank to Lakewood via Farmingdale. Soon to be extended to Lakehurst. Two different lines served by the same crew on different days. Monday & Wednesday - Freehold, Thursday - Lakewood.
 #1570054  by R&DB

trainster78 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:08 pm Out of the yard, 4432, 4452, 18 cars
Will they even get a slot on the Coast Line at this hour?
 #1570056  by Bracdude181

@R&DB Probably not right away.
@trainster78 That’s odd, I could have sworn I heard something about that.

Permission on Church 4:26 PM
 #1570061  by trainster78

R&DB wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:11 pm
Welcome aboard! The RR line through Freehold is The Freehold Industrial Track (FIT) aka the Freehold Secondary. It currently runs from Jamesburg to Freehold. Will be connected to Farmingdale soon. The subject of this topic is the Southern Secondary which runs from Red Bank to Lakewood via Farmingdale. Soon to be extended to Lakehurst. Two different lines served by the same crew on different days. Monday & Wednesday - Freehold, Thursday - Lakewood.
Along with Dayton on Tuesdays and Fridays.