Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

SA31 approaching Newman Springs Rd at 7:19 PM
  by Bracdude181

A very slow moving and very late SA31 approaching Pinebrook Rd 8:00 PM
  by Bracdude181

Through Megill Rd at 9:17 PM

Their shift ends in about an hour. They won’t make Lakewood unless the absolutely floor it after Farmingdale. Dare say SA38 will have their work cut out for them tonight.
  by NJT4149

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:29 pm Through Megill Rd at 9:17 PM

Their shift ends in about an hour. They won’t make Lakewood unless the absolutely floor it after Farmingdale. Dare say SA38 will have their work cut out for them tonight.
Their OD was pushed back today: 2PM instead of 12. They have 12 hours to work from their OD time.
  by Bracdude181

@NJT4149 Interesting. It certainly didn’t help that they got held up in South Amboy due to a frozen switch.

Btw nice username. 4149 ran real efficient.
  by Bracdude181

The train has stopped in between Miller Rd and Oak Glen Rd. The lights are on at Oak Glen so he’s stopped on the crossing circuit. Not sure what’s going on...
  by jdh823

Possible trees down maybe?
  by Bracdude181

@jdh823 I was thinking the same thing. Either that or something was up with the bridge in that area.

Did anyone hear the train go back last night?
  by Hear my train a coming

I don't know if they went back last night or not but it looks like a train went across Route 9
  by CSX4421

Nope. Never heard the train come back.
  by Bracdude181

My friend is in the area and will look around to see if they parked somewhere. I’ll give y’all an update when he gets back to me.
  by Bracdude181

Confirmed the train is parked at Woodhaven.
  by Bracdude181

Train is still at Woodhaven as of 4:05 PM. No crew in sight. They left the engines running when they left so I assume that means they will go back tonight. They also drilled Woodhaven before they left.
  by Bracdude181

Crew showed up around 5 PM. Looks like the train will go back as SA31. They should be leaving Woodhaven soon.
  by Bracdude181

The train stopped at Brick Recycling to pull the centerbeam out, but they ended up leaving the car there. I guess the switch was iced up and couldn’t be moved.

They should be at Hamilton Rd in 30 minutes if they don’t stop for a break out there.