• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

@Coast Line Railfan My good old friend who’s been watching the trains come down through Lakewood for 30 years.

You probably know who I’m referring to :wink:
  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:43 pm @Coast Line Railfan My good old friend who’s been watching the trains come down through Lakewood for 30 years.

You might want to tell him to rethink.
  by jdh823

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:43 pm @Coast Line Railfan My good old friend who’s been watching the trains come down through Lakewood for 30 years.

Have fun watching paint dry.
  by Matt Johnson

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:42 pm I’ve been hearing that an SA22 went down to Red Bank last with 4421 and 4452 for a PTC test last night. Can anyone confirm this?
Might explain the horn I just heard...sounds like it's headed back through Hazlet at 11:51 pm.
  by Bracdude181

Just got confirmation that they won’t run today. Strange seeing as how we’ve had Christmas Eve runs before.

Oh well. Looks like we will get one more weekend extra before the end of the year.

Y’all have a Merry Christmas!
  by Bracdude181

While doing some research on Coast Line freight I found this:

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/di ... 0/1481582/

What do y’all think? Why would NJT all of sudden remove an active track claiming its part of an improvement project? Then when they are taken to court, they basically say that they shouldn’t be sued because they are an “alter-ego” of the state.

To me, that makes no sense at all!!
  by NY&LB

Bracdude181 wrote:While doing some research on Coast Line freight I found this:

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/di ... 0/1481582/

What do y’all think? Why would NJT all of sudden remove an active track claiming its part of an improvement project? Then when they are taken to court, they basically say that they shouldn’t be sued because they are an “alter-ego” of the state.

To me, that makes no sense at all!!
Based upon the time frame, this action was likely related to the initial electrification to Matawan which "opened up" on Oct 31, 1982. I suspect NJT wanted the siding pulled out to avoid some issue with placement of cat poles or to just simplify (reduce cost) of the cat support structure.

This is also OFF TOPIC
  by Bracdude181

@NY&LB I mean, we have discussed other things relating to Conrail on here before...

In any case, why didn’t NJT just come up to this guy and be like:

“Hey, we want to put catenary poles in but your track might be in the way. Can we try to work on a solution for this?”

But no. They flat out said he was losing the siding and there was nothing he could do about it. All for the sake of “improvements”

After seeing this I’m almost certain that NJT doesn’t want ANY freight down here period.
  by Bracdude181

Did SA93 go work Dayton today?
  by Bracdude181

Just found out SA93 might have snuck down to Woodhaven and is about to drill it.
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Bracdude181 wrote:Just found out SA93 might have snuck down to Woodhaven and is about to drill it.
Yeah, I had a feeling that SA93 was going to come down but I don’t know if it was actually.

Heard it’s 4421 & 4452 with about a few cars.

Should come back up by the end of the day
  by CharlieL

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:52 am @NY&LB I mean, we have discussed other things relating to Conrail on here before...

In any case, why didn’t NJT just come up to this guy and be like:

“Hey, we want to put catenary poles in but your track might be in the way. Can we try to work on a solution for this?”

But no. They flat out said he was losing the siding and there was nothing he could do about it. All for the sake of “improvements”

After seeing this I’m almost certain that NJT doesn’t want ANY freight down here period.
Because the gummint is your friend?
  by Bracdude181

@CharlieL They never were, and they sure aren’t now!
  by Bracdude181

@Railseast Great photos! Especially the one in Tinton Falls.