• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by RailsEast

Approaching Maxwell Rd at 3:50 in the pm with CSX 4421 and CSX 4432 plus 14; 13 for Woodhaven and a brick car for Extech.
Chris
  by Bracdude181

To anyone who will be chasing SA38 tonight, be advised that the crew is working F A S T.

I'm not joking. They are getting up to 25 MPH while going in and out of Woodhaven as I write this.
  by RailsEast

Dear Bracdude,
The rail conditions on the Southern do not support 25mph operations and the C&E are fully aware of the rules & restrictions, so please keep your unqualified personal observations to yourself. Not hatin', just sayin'...
Thank you.
Chris
  by Bracdude181

Maybe not 25 per se, but it sure did feel like it. I've never seen this train go as fast as it did at woodhaven last night.
  by ccutler

No hazmat on that train, crews know the tracks, I would not be more supportive of the RR employees.
  by RailsEast

I didn't mean to sound harsh, but this is the 'world wide web', where everyone can and will visit. There are railroaders of varying levels here as well as railfans...
  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:59 pm To anyone who will be chasing SA38 tonight, be advised that the crew is working F A S T.

I'm not joking. They are getting up to 25 MPH while going in and out of Woodhaven as I write this.
I have described before, and Chris is right, but it was probably close to 15 if anything. Hey, when the train does 9 MPH it feels like 20 so I don't blame you lol
  by RailsEast

CSX 4432, CSX 4421 with 14 Woodhavens, approaching Maxwell Rd at 4:45 in the pm.....
  by GSC

At Collingwood with the grandkids. ETA on SA31?
  by RailsEast

Sorry Gary, was away from the computer & you should have seen the train by now, but it's generally 60-75 minutes from Red Bank and 50-60 minutes from Eatontown for the train to pass the Auction, assuming no problems along the way. A report from the field indicates that they did not stop to drill Extech for the empty this week, which is unusual but they have passed by in the past with a car on that siding.
Chris
  by GSC

Thru the auction at 5:55.
  by GSC

The crew blew the horn and rang the bell for the kids. They enjoyed seeing the train.
  by NJT4149

SA-38 is approaching Hope Road at 1:50 AM
Will hold at BANK for a while, as it sounded like both tracks are out of service between LLOYD and RARE
  by JohnFromJersey

Does anyone have any updates on the Lakewood-Woodmansie extension? I haven't heard about here or any of the other threads regarding it in quite some times.
  by Coast Line Railfan

JohnFromJersey wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:34 pm Does anyone have any updates on the Lakewood-Woodmansie extension? I haven't heard about here or any of the other threads regarding it in quite some times.
The track between Cross Street and Lakehurst is pretty bad. Some missing rail on a new bridge and under the Route 70 bridge is still a big problem. Other than that, the track from there to Clayton is fine. All that is needed is brush clearing of recent tress and weeds that have grown.