• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by chuchubob

Acela150 wrote:Frankentrain has returned. Unknown how long she'll last this time.
Frankentrain was at Penn Coach Yard mid day on Jan 20.
  by scotty269

It died at Suburban Station on friday morning.
  by glennk419

scotty269 wrote:It died at Suburban Station on friday morning.
With a Sprinter? That's not good.
  by R3 Passenger

Train 9724 is heading from Trenton to Temple with AEM-7 2301 pulling. This is interesting because the motors are usually pushing this train. Must have been wyed since cab car 2403 is at the rear.
  by rslitman

Train 328 on 3/28 (2017) had 175-176-177-178 in order from front to rear.
  by NorthPennLimited

According to the SEPTA app, train 6574 had engine 902 tonight, but I was unable to confirm.
  by trainspot

West Trenton trains tonight 6374 had 903, 6378 had 2301
  by mcgrath618

Just saw a sprinter on the Manayunk/Norristown line with a couple of cars. Couldn’t catch the number as I was on the other bank of the river, but if anyone knows anything about why it’s there off peak I would be happy to hear
  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:Just saw a sprinter on the Manayunk/Norristown line with a couple of cars. Couldn’t catch the number as I was on the other bank of the river, but if anyone knows anything about why it’s there off peak I would be happy to hear
Most likely testing or training runs.
  by mcgrath618

Went down to Elm st with what little I had of my break left and found that they’re testing 905.
  by mcgrath618

Unless my eyes should deceive me, as my Trenton train passed over the SEPTA main, I saw a push pull consist from either Lansdale or West Trenton with double header ACS-64s
  by glennk419

mcgrath618 wrote:Unless my eyes should deceive me, as my Trenton train passed over the SEPTA main, I saw a push pull consist from either Lansdale or West Trenton with double header ACS-64s
You very well may have. There are still several Sprinters going through acceptance testing.
  by mcgrath618

It seems the Great Valley Flyer was double headed by AEMs today:
https://imgur.com/a/EOOE2w4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Limited-Clear

It came inbound with the 2308, the 2306 was added at Wayne Electric as it was needed back at Frazer.
  by RDGAndrew

Push-pull set including a Sprinter made a round trip to (I assume) Warminster midday today, towed by an end-cab diesel. Didn’t catch any numbers, since I only saw it from a distance/from the car. It was through Jenkintown around noon and inbound through Willow Grove at 1:15. If it was a qualifying run, seems odd that it would have had diesel power. Any guesses?