• New Jersey Transit Assistant Conductor Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Steve F45

so im not the only one who got the letter with nothing to follow. I even had a friend use his dad to find out who to contact at HR. I called and left messages, not even a return phone call.
  by matawanaberdeen

Yeah things are on the up and up over there for sure. Invited to take a test, pass the test, get a letter saying you'll be getting an interview and then never hear a thing again. Leave messages at NJT HR and still no answers. This is for all the people last year that ripped me a new one for criticizing the way NJT hires people, I told you so.
  by Kwiktt

The job was posted again multiple times after I tested too. They must be collecting a big pool of applicants???
  by AmTransit

Don't complain...they did you a favor by not calling you back...trust me.
  by matawanaberdeen

Why, because they lost out on a job that pays 80 grand a year? I'm not following the logic.
  by DestinationUnknown

80 grand a year? That's a good one! I'm dying over here.
  by matawanaberdeen

Yeah you're right I found out since I posted that they only make 10 bucks an hour. They are better off.
  by DestinationUnknown

All I'm saying is you'd have been in for a rude awakening had you hired out expecting that figure.
  by matawanaberdeen

Well of course no one starts out at that salary, but you will get there and higher. I know an NJT dispatcher who makes over a 100. Its not a secret what they make, you can find the salaries online. Even my salary is online.
  by matawanaberdeen

On BNSF's website it lists dispatcher salary as 86,000. NJT can't be too far behind.
'
  by DestinationUnknown

This topic is about assistant conductors, not dispatchers. Even still, your number is off.
  by matawanaberdeen

I guess you weren't following the last 10 or 15 posts. A few guys passed the dispatcher tests and were never called for an interview, a year after passing the tests. Someone here said they were better off. That is how we got into discussing dispatcher salary. Its no big deal, just thought it was silly to say that someone who passed the tests, was never called for an interview is now better off. These are well paying jobs, they are not better off. There is a reason these people applied, took time off work or out of there day, passed the tests, and to not be called for an interview is just plain wrong.