• Garwood Industrial Track Equipment Storage

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Regardie

None of the Arrows are in the 1300 range, everything is in the 1400 range. I noticed the other day that ALL the locomotives are missing number boards but none of the Arrow MU seem to have been similarly affected. No love for the electric MU? A lot of the Arrows are missing pans and are sitting on trucks with wheels covered in yellow paint, I don't expect any of them to be put back into service.
  by cnj1524

Some arrows have been sold 02/27/2014 AP004251-13 Arrow III Rail Cars Fortune Metal Recycling $187,440.00
  by genesis11980

Looks like a clean sweep of all the locos in Garwood. Unless they just moved them down towards Westfield, they're all gone. The move must have occurred mid-morning. Some of the comets behind PathMark are gone too.
  by ApproachMedium

4 Comet 4s left the location today destined for MMC. One had a huge colorful tag on the cab car side.
  by Regardie

Yesterday morning there was a crew uncovering the tracks to make those moves later in the day.

I misspoke earlier, 2 of the sets of Arrows are in the 1300 range, a total of 4 coaches.
  by Ken W2KB

genesis11980 wrote:Looks like a clean sweep of all the locos in Garwood. Unless they just moved them down towards Westfield, they're all gone. The move must have occurred mid-morning. Some of the comets behind PathMark are gone too.
Saw the locos much closer to Westfield an hour or so ago from 5737.
  by ironhorsehistory

At about 1100 today, two 1000-series units went east bracketing three F40s, presumably pulled from storage at the GIT. A number of remaining units are back in their original position just west of Lincoln Ave.
  by sullivan1985

The engines have been moved west to reduce easy access to them for all the train buffs who went shopping for parts over the last few months.

As for the coaches, coaches have slowly been brought to the MMC over ti.e and placed back in service.
  by ApproachMedium

Are the arrow cars gone? How many engines are still left? And all of the coaches are back at MMC now then or just a lot of them?
  by sullivan1985

ApproachMedium wrote:Are the arrow cars gone? How many engines are still left? And all of the coaches are back at MMC now then or just a lot of them?
Many arrows remain. Three F40s (4121, 4122, 4128) recently returned to the MMC. Many coaches have returned to the MMC over time. Looks like only 2 or 3 coaches remain. Some returned to service. Not everything that went to Garwood was written off.
  by Regardie

sullivan1985 wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:Are the arrow cars gone? How many engines are still left? And all of the coaches are back at MMC now then or just a lot of them?
Many arrows remain. Three F40s (4121, 4122, 4128) recently returned to the MMC. Many coaches have returned to the MMC over time. Looks like only 2 or 3 coaches remain. Some returned to service. Not everything that went to Garwood was written off.
Inventory as I was traveling past on Apr 29 - 7 locomotives, 1 Comet coach, 22 Arrow MU, plus another set of 16 Arrow MU on the CNJ under the Parkway near Aldene.
  by Regardie

I don't think the inventory of locomotives and coaches has changed but I did notice that some Arrows have better tags on their sides and several are now missing windows.
  by sullivan1985

Regardie wrote:I don't think the inventory of locomotives and coaches has changed but I did notice that some Arrows have better tags on their sides and several are now missing windows.
The collection at Garwood has changed significantly over the last few months.
  by Regardie

Went by today and only counted 6 locomotives. I don't know which one has gone missing.
  by srock1028

Regardie wrote:Went by today and only counted 6 locomotives. I don't know which one has gone missing.