Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

can we drop Marta as it has nothing to do with topic ??
  by MattW

MARTA is what started this topic so I fail to see how MARTA can have nothing to do with the topic of MARTA started by an admin.

Plus, doesn't Metro North have a few short sections of that third rail lying around? Why not tell us about cold weather and the third rail instead?
  by DutchRailnut

MARTA is not even a railroad, its a transit system like a subway.
  by MattW

So? It's still two rails that flanged wheels travel on, with a third-rail current collector. We have entire forums for PATH, the MTA NYC Subway, and Washington Metro. Should those forums suddenly disappear because those operators don't report to the FRA? (well, PATH is special, but my point stands)
  by runningwithscalpels

MattW wrote:MARTA is what started this topic so I fail to see how MARTA can have nothing to do with the topic of MARTA started by an admin.

Plus, doesn't Metro North have a few short sections of that third rail lying around? Why not tell us about cold weather and the third rail instead?
You're in the Metro North forum, that's why.

The admin posted it in jest at all the whining going on by disgruntled MNRR commuters over stupid stuff.

"A few short sections of that third rail" - All of the Hudson Line to Croton-Harmon and all of the Harlem to Southeast. Snow piling up is the primary winter operational concern with that.
  by DutchRailnut

As for Marta there are appropriate forums to discuss them. as for what they have in common that is another issue all together.
I suggest you read this: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 67&t=16530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;