• Official Bel-Del Discussion Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by brwfan

Went for a car ride today, it looked like ties were replaced atleast to the first crossing North of reigalsville.
  by Donko142

That is correct, new ties were installed to the first grade crossing North of Reigelsville NJ. Slowly but surely will keep moving South. Lots been going on like always. Work on a new shop, the 142 is getting close to ready, the hyrail truck rebuild is almost done, were just waiting for the air to come back for the 146, lots of changes and upgrades are taking place at the mine site and
the brush cutter is back up North after cutting all the way to Milford.

Like always, more help is welcome.
  by Donko142

Just goes to show if you really want to fix something and have a 4k to burn (I don't) you can fix anything.

Hi-rail truck 95% done. You saw what we started with, due to rust it was worse then we thought. 2 new GM fenders, 1 door, bed removed sand blasted / pressure washed, same for the frame. Wheels sand blasted and powder coated, interior lets just say a lot. Motor/trans/rear all services including new A/C compressor (got to have A/C), brakes, throttle body and the list goes on and on lol. Everything painted.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg20 ... eb58fc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it turned out great... Like I said something for everyone to do no matter what your skill set is.

PS Special thanks..... Pete, Rob and Don #3 and Don #5 on this project....
  by brwfan

Saw in another thread that there is a new freight customer in West Easton.

by NYS&W142Fan

If you are talking about the Lumber going over there, that started last year on a "As needed" basis. What thread was it on?
  by brwfan

Yes it was the lumber. viewtopic.php?f=130&t=162696" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hope the link works, it in the pa
railfan , new life for old cnj is the title. Do they still take pipe over there? And what about the company getting tankers, I know they were as needed as well, do they still get any?
  by NYS&W142Fan

My understanding is the tank car customer closed up shop sometime last year or so. Only aware of the lumber going over there.
  by brwfan

Heard several loads (3?) went out of the quarry a few weeks ago? River rock to Florida?
  by NYS&W142Fan

Decorative Glacial stone, AKA river rock!
  by alzubal

Will the railroad have a rail fan weekend this year?
Thank You
Al
  by NYS&W142Fan

I have not heard of any being planned at this time.
  by Donko142

Busy couple weekends. Thomas went off without a hitch, the 142 performed flawlessly even when pushed with the tight schedule. While a crew of over 20 was working on the railroad that left a empty shop for a few of us to make the final adjustments on the 146. Pete, Rob, Keith and myself work both Saturday and Sunday getting her finished up.
More announcements coming before long.
  by Donko142

This weekend saw the 146 basking in the sun while the 3 coats of gloss black baked on the frame down. This project has taking much longer then I thought, but we didn't cut any corners and did it right the first time. The engine will be out for some test runs very shortly, I'm sure she will earn her keep on the Bel-Del.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg20 ... vnrrf.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be Safe.

DC
  by RailsEast

She's beautiful, Don; not many people out there would have had the resources to see this project through, but your perseverance, work ethic and gracious demeanor towards your volunteer 'crew' has brought this dream to reality.
Congratulations on a superb job......
Chris
  by Donko142

Morning folks, could really use some help on this one as we have a very small window to do something great !!!!

http://www.877trainride.com/milfordmile.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you !!!