• Official Bel-Del Discussion Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Ken W2KB

Donko142 wrote:I hope we see the whole thing back along the river, all the way to Milford.
That would be an outstanding achievement!
  by pumpers

Donko142 wrote:I thought that (due to the MP) but someone had told me different at some point. Thanks I remember one day at steamtown I arrived and we had no steam, with time to kill I remember looking at one of the photo collections. There was a picture of PRR Bel Del steam being serviced on the DL&W. I think the photo was from Gravel Place, but this was 7 or 8 years ago.

On another note, the contractors are finishing up on the track extension. See photo picking up old ties and brooming the track about MP 42.3

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg20 ... m2j8d.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the way home I took a photo of MP 36, 1 mile North of Milford station. 36 from Trenton, 32 from Manunka Chunk

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg20 ... ovkfo.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be safe
How far is the new extension going to? Riegelsville by the bridge?
Jim S
  by Donko142

If you come over the bridge from PA and go North 1/4 mile, first crossing will be it...... FOR NOW....
  by NYS&W142Fan

To all the Railfans out there.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!
Have a safe Holiday season!
  by Donko142

Well it's that time of the year.. Which is my favorite time of year.... lot's of choices on what you want to do..
On Saturday crews switched out the yard and did the passenger car shuffle with Don #3 (or is he Don #5?) everything had to come up out of the yard to get the brush cutter out from the end of track. Rob and I worked on the high rail truck and cut a few down trees near CPG in the afternoon. We also checked out the new crossing at the CPG plant.

Sunday: found the shop getting a needed clean up.

Monday: a few guys worked on the brush cutter (Baby-zilla) giving it a full go over as it's about to go into it's busy season. A complete set of new cutting teeth were installed, all we need to do install a new heater and it's ready to go. The brush cutter will be working to the South over the next few months.

Tues: Rob, Gary and myself got the #146 blocked up 2" and the cutting shoes were installed to take the flanges down a hair.

By 2pm we were looking a great results.

Again: there is no better time to get involved, so many things to do with so many choices to choose from

Be safe and please get involved if you can... Something for everyone with any level of experience.
  by brwfan

Does the bdrv still serve the customer in west Easton?
  by NYS&W142Fan

They go over to West Easton on a as-needed basis. It's been several months since they went over there.
  by Donko142

Crews will be working in the shop on Friday Saturday and Sunday this weekend. The shop will be getting some organization as we have received some new toolboxes. Chainsaws are welcome. We need to cut and shop a reasonable amount of firewood to keep us warm this winter.
  by brwfan

I took my son to see the polar express trains a few times and saw a railroad security vehicle, did the bdrv start a security division? Never seen the truck before
  by Donko142

If it was a black pick up that was an addition to the security dept this season.
  by Donko142

The 146 was jacked up during the week and blocked for wheel work. Rob, Gary and myself got 3 of the 4 wheels in truck 1 done and hope to finish things up with in the next 2 weeks. Work was on going in the shop, lots of organization for the winter projects ahead. Two new stadco generators arrived, 1 for the 501 which we hope to add to the fleet in 2016. The 142 has one more year on time on the clock before the 1472 is due. January will start to see ROW work parties next week during the week, the brush cutter is ready and as long as it's above 30 with no wind were going out. February will start the ROW work parties, every weekend, get a saw or a pair of gloves and come help out. Work will continue in the shop every Friday-Saturday and Sunday on 142 and other projects.

Something for everyone
  by Donko142

Tree cutting tomorrow, 9am at the shop multiple hands needed. Today was also a tree cutting day, (not by choice). This weekend will see more wheel work on the 146, tree cutting party on Saturday and more shop work getting set up for the 142 winter. Remember we heat the shop by wood so this all gets put in the wood pile and burned.
  by Donko142

Good morning folks, anyone that is interested is welcome to join our new group on Facebook. We will still continue to make posts here of course, but it's just so easy to update pictures on Facebook. Go to Facebook and type in New York Susquehanna & Western T&HS SHOP.

Again we will continue to post here but in today's society, especially with the photos we can put out updates immediately.
  by NYS&W142Fan

BelDelRR:The dead section between Lambertville and Milford will never come back; it is state land and would cost millions to buy back and rebuild.

Never say never. Just look at the Susie Q over Sparta Mountain. I remember people saying it would never come back. If the State sees a need for Service along the BelDel, it would happen. Unlikely, but it could happen. And nothing says a trail and Rail couldn't exist.