• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by sullivan1985

NYSW3022 wrote:You guys are going to be soooooooooo lost come January 1st, 2012. It's going to be hilarious to watch a bunch of lost puppies wondering around aimlessly.
I think it's safe to say that you are already lost. You seem to be one of those fringe buffs. I don't know what it is with your kind that like to cause confrontations by spewing vague garbage on internet forums. If there was no internet, you would just be sitting line side as clueless as the rest of us. Go troll elsewhere. Surely you have something beter to do with your time then to "watch a bunch of lost puppies wondering around aimlessly".

Anyways...

I'm awaiting the arrival of the SD60s. I don't know if we will realistically see them in any other paint scheme than the "Yellow Jacket". One unique paint scheme in a fleet on a short line or regional is sometimes not the best thing to be spending money on. Not that I wouldn't like it, just my $0.02. As for the SD45s, I would love to see them running again too. Something tells me though that their time on the NYSW has come to an end.
  by Alek9997

Thanks! That looks great.

I wonder why Walter's NYS&W went with the Yellow/Black scheme rather than the Maroon w/ Gold Pinstripe scheme like on the C420 #2002 and E9's. Not that I really care because either one is fine, but it's something I have been curious about for a while.

Alek S.
  by Sid Farkus

Alek9997 wrote:Thanks! That looks great.

I wonder why Walter's NYS&W went with the Yellow/Black scheme rather than the Maroon w/ Gold Pinstripe scheme like on the C420 #2002 and E9's. Not that I really care because either one is fine, but it's something I have been curious about for a while.

Alek S.
Keep in mind that 2002 was never repainted by the NYSW. The scheme that it appeared in with the NYSW was exactly the same as its previous owner, Virginia & Maryland. The only change was the lettering of course.
  by Steve F45

King, Merry Christmas to you and thank you for everything you've been able to share with us.

Scotty, those look real nice!!! I like the "susquehanna" in the maroon band with solid band wrapping around the long hood. But I also like the maroon and grey or silver one too. Now how bout a yellow and black one. hahahaha oh and the numbering if they keep to what they have done in the past would probably start with 3800.
  by keiffer

Sid Farkus wrote:

Alek S.
Keep in mind that 2002 was never repainted by the NYSW. The scheme that it appeared in with the NYSW was exactly the same as its previous owner, Virginia & Maryland. The only change was the lettering of course.

Actually is was repainted into the yellow and black scheme as number 260... later renumbered to 2010. I'm not sure how long it was in the Maroon scheme for prior to repainting.
  by Sid Farkus

keiffer wrote:
Sid Farkus wrote:

Alek S.

Actually is was repainted into the yellow and black scheme as number 260... later renumbered to 2010. I'm not sure how long it was in the Maroon scheme for prior to repainting.
Thanks, I forgot they repainted and renumbered 2002.
  by kingfish

Steve F45 wrote:King, Merry Christmas to you and thank you for everything you've been able to share with us.

Scotty, those look real nice!!! I like the "susquehanna" in the maroon band with solid band wrapping around the long hood. But I also like the maroon and grey or silver one too. Now how bout a yellow and black one. hahahaha oh and the numbering if they keep to what they have done in the past would probably start with 3800.

I lied about staying off I guess. NYSW 3022 got my goat last night. My bad in todays parlance. I suspect they will be 3800's.

Kingfish

PS- Scot, I am not savvy with the laptop please PM me and I will send you my (S) email as I would greatly like to show my superiors the different variations.
  by Steve F45

Well its good you came back. Any idea on the original roadnames that these SD60's will be wearing or have worn prior to rebuild? I want to start a model of one but not sure which roadname to start with to minimize the removing and adding of specific details.
  by charlie6017

kingfish wrote:I lied about staying off I guess. NYSW 3022 got my goat last night. My bad in todays parlance. I suspect they will be 3800's.

Kingfish
Very happy you're sticking around..........these forums are great as long as everyone is practicing common courtesy. (hint!)

Charlie
  by Steve F45

King, you gotta let us know what management thought of hte pics if you got the chance to show them. Even though i can picture it being kinda like "your joking right??" LOL
  by sportsguy

Any new info?
  by waldwickrailfan

sportsguy wrote:Any new info?
look at last 8 pages
  by sportsguy

Point taken. Just making sure, we should see these around spring, right.
  by waldwickrailfan

sportsguy wrote:Point taken. Just making sure, we should see these around spring, right.
according to King, yes.
  by sportsguy

I heard from other people that this deal is with GATX, not CEFX. Can anyone tell me who the deal is with? Thanks.