Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Otto Vondrak

lirr42 wrote:I found a printed brochure in the GCT Stationmaster's office pretty easily last year.
Yeah 2012 brochures are out, and the actual schedule is buried in there somewhere, but I just find it odd that they don't print a *schedule* in the same manner as the Yankees service.

-otto-
  by Clean Cab

The reason maybe that there are far fewer football trains than baseball trrains. Remember, this service is losing a lot of $$$ everytime it runs so I really can't blame MN for saving money by not printing a lot of schedules for these trains.
  by RearOfSignal

Those trains are light on ridership too.
  by Backshophoss

That might change if "Tebowmaina" happens with the Jets.:)
  by RearOfSignal

Backshophoss wrote:That might change if "Tebowmaina" happens with the Jets.:)
Jets sell out every game anyway(as do almost all NFL teams) so I doubt that. But good try on the Tebow joke! :)
  by Backshophoss

Got very tired of the "Tebow" coverage when he was at Denver(around here,it's the 'boys or Bronco's,along with ESPN's hype!).
Figured on Coach Ryan finally giving in and make him the starter,turn the train and Giants stadium into SRO conditions.

I take it that the Meadowlands trackage is not "wired",therefore the "transfer" at Seacaucus Jct. is needed.
  by RearOfSignal

The tracks are not physically connected, necessitating the transfer.
  by Train2009

The last qualification runs will be tomorrow Saturday 09/08 and then the first revenue runs the next day Sunday 09/08.
  by ThirdRail7

The test/qualification runs are starting up this weekend.
  by li7039

If I have a New Haven to Grand Central is there anything stopping me from hopping on the football train at New Haven and taking it to Penn?
  by DutchRailnut

no restrictions, you can do that
  by fl9m2004

Any videos to test runs for this season