• New Kawasaki Coach Questions

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

have they already gone for a test? how did it go?
  by GP40MC1118

Matt:

No road tests that I know of. All "static" testing/inspections at BET.
Road test should come at the end of the month - weather authorities
permitting!

Dave

by CSX Conductor

Mr Met wrote:any pictures of these new cars and who makes them
From outside they look the same as the 700/1700's

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

now, when you static testing, are you talking about AC/ heating system test, lights, etc.?
  by GP40MC1118

For the most part, that's correct

Dave

by CSX Conductor

The 902, which has been at SouthHampton Street for the past week, is bath-room equipped and also has decals on the outside that indicate it. :wink:

by CRail

they are all bathroom equipped, thats one of the things that is so great about them.

Is the seating 2-3? i know there was some discussion about it but i dont thing we knew yet.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

most likey they are, more seating capacity

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

im too lazy to read all the posts, but are the new double deckers doors automatic ?

by CRail

Yes

by Stephen

The test train (1036, 3 of the 4 new coaches, and cab car 1718) was on the valley track at the BET yesterday (Tuesday) and today.
-Stephen
  by GP40MC1118

Looks like the 1036 & company go back out on the Lowell Saturday and Sunday for more testing...

D

by CSX Conductor

What the he!! happened to the 902?

by octr202

On a side note to this, are the 902 and 904 expected off the roster soon? Isn't it a bit confusing having two 902's and two 904's on the roster?

by CRail

just about to post the same ?. Would they just change the #s or how would they handle the unit # sitiation?