• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by CN9634

The easiest way is to go to photos.nerail.org and register an account. Photos have to be 800x600 is resolution. If you don't know how to resize or don't know what that means you can also use www.photobucket.com. They'll take photos regardless of size. Hope this helps!
  by bigfreight

I have posted on Photobucket for all of my NHCR pictures and the transformer move pictures . Hope this works. It is listed under New Hampshire Central Railroad Groveton to Hazen
  by toolmaker

bigfreight wrote:I have posted on Photobucket for all of my NHCR pictures and the transformer move pictures . Hope this works. It is listed under New Hampshire Central Railroad Groveton to Hazen
I was unable to locate them. Do you use the same username?

thanks.
  by rjones2

Go to Photobucket and type in "bigfreight". When it states that there were no matches found to your request, scroll a little bit down the page and you will see "Are you looking for Photobucket user bigfreight" You can click the hyperlink to the user's profile and should see the images from there.

By the way, thank you for all the images. These are great!
  by toolmaker

thank you rjones, it worked :-) I agree the pictures are great. I made it to #72 before my browser crashed.
  by thebigham

NHRC will be delivering the new engine to Conway Scenic soon.

Can someone please take some pics? THANKS
  by royboy

Just so you'd know #252 is alreadey at North Conway. Dont tell me they are geting another locomotive. What infrmation do you have about the new one they will be get ting? Will it be another Pan Am?
  by b&m 1566

Roy, I believe he was referring to 252!
  by rjones2

I was hiking around Cherry Pond this weekend and noticed the stored cars along the siding, on both sides of Hazen road, near the "transload" area for Presby. Are there any talks of ever providing rail service to the wood chip power plant, the log yard or any other potential industry in that area? Also, the ROW that was brushcut a few years back from Whitefield to Gilman is completely overgrown.

Can anyone also elaborate on the talks a few years back about the log shipper/woodchips/etc by Route 3 (in Bethlehem) that wanted to build a spur but was denied that? Any talks to revive that potentially?
  by bigfreight

Been pretty quiet in Lancaster on the NHCR. On July 7th 1230PM they brought Conway Scenic 6516 North under its own power. Farewell old friend! This morning Saturday the 10th they came south with 7124 in the lead and two Quebec and Gatineau units 3202 and 3008 deadheading towards Hazen. Got pictures and will post on photobucket. You can view all of my NHCR photos at www.photobucket.com. My user name is Bigfreight.
  by Fritz

bigfreight,
Any idea why they brought the two SLR (not QGRY) locomotives down to Hazens? Did they pull alot of the stored cars out of Whitefield? I saw that the 7324 was brought down from the shop building in North Stratford to the SLR interchange yesterday (Friday) during the day, as it wasn't there at 0830 in the morning but was there at 1600 in the afternoon.
Cheers,
Fritz
7 miles from the SLR in clearing Newark, Vermont
  by bigfreight

I took a ride down to Hazen after supper. The three engines are there hitched up to the covered hoppers. Maybe they are going to bring up a big cut of cars. Engines are close to the crossing you could take pictures right from the road.
  by EastMassParanormal

Does anybody know if there is going to be any trains headed into the North Stratford Yard between today and tomorrow? I'd like to get a shot of the locomotives but as of yesterday they weren't there.
  by thebigham

bigfreight wrote:Been pretty quiet in Lancaster on the NHCR. On July 7th 1230PM they brought Conway Scenic 6516 North under its own power. Farewell old friend! This morning Saturday the 10th they came south with 7124 in the lead and two Quebec and Gatineau units 3202 and 3008 deadheading towards Hazen. Got pictures and will post on photobucket. You can view all of my NHCR photos at http://www.photobucket.com. My user name is Bigfreight.
I cannot find your pics. Can you give us a more direct link?

Thanks.