• MBTA's MPI HSP-46 Locomotives

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA1016

8th Notch wrote:They are killing 2 birds with one stone by road testing the Rotems and the 2001 at the same time.... Not to mention the Rotems have more computers in them that need to interface with the new loco vs the older cars which are pretty basic. The Rotems will be the new backbone of the fleet when they are all up so makes sense to make sure the new unit will work with them (the rebuilt K cars will have the same internals as the Rotems).

Thank you 8th notch.
  by ACeInTheHole

Mbta fan wrote:
8th Notch wrote:They are killing 2 birds with one stone by road testing the Rotems and the 2001 at the same time.... Not to mention the Rotems have more computers in them that need to interface with the new loco vs the older cars which are pretty basic. The Rotems will be the new backbone of the fleet when they are all up so makes sense to make sure the new unit will work with them (the rebuilt K cars will have the same internals as the Rotems).

Thank you 8th notch.
I think you meant backbone with severe scoliosis 8th Notch.
  by MBTA3247

Cosmo wrote:Man, that was TWISTED! :-D
I see what you did there. :wink:
  by MEC407

Photo by Jacob Foley: http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=214197" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by butts260

Lovely Photo. . . . They even matched the purple stripe height between the loco and the Rotem. Like the added wiring coming out of the fireman's door going back to the engine room. Can't think of everything right away . . .
  by octr202

Hopefully that's just wires for some testing or monitoring equipment. I'd bet that it's got computers wired up to it all over the place during these tests.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

octr202 wrote:Hopefully that's just wires for some testing or monitoring equipment. I'd bet that it's got computers wired up to it all over the place during these tests.
you"re right on that one. When Amtrak was testing the ACS's, they had the same amount, if not more wires leading back to the cars behind, and testing monitors/computers and such
  by MBTA1016

MBTA3247 wrote:
Wow Cosmo. I thought u could do better then that hehe ;)
  by Cosmo

Mbta fan wrote:
MBTA3247 wrote:
Wow Cosmo. I thought u could do better then that hehe ;)
Heeeyyyy.... I was being nice!
  by MBTA1016

I know but that was a funny comment to say the least. U could've said that it was twisted like a twizzler(sorry couldn't think of any other food that's twisted) lol
  by Cosmo

Mbta fan wrote:I know but that was a funny comment to say the least. U could've said that it was twisted like a twizzler(sorry couldn't think of any other food that's twisted) lol
Pretzel? Challa? Spaghetti? :P