• MBTA's MPI HSP-46 Locomotives

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by BigUglyCat

BrandeisRoberts wrote:
sery2831 wrote:The entire thing was purely a rumor. I followed up on the rumor yesterday.
That's a relief to hear, I think we're all a little gun-shy after watching the Rotem debacle pan out.

Does this mean 2001 is going through testing on-schedule without a hitch? I wonder how far along with testing the other two pre-production HSP's at Erie and Pueblo are, and what the timeframe might be for the actual production units getting to the T.
Didn't Mr. Hutchinson previously mention that it was looking like March, 2014, for possible arrival?
  by ACeInTheHole

8th Notch wrote:The 2001 is out in the layover yard today hooked up to a Rotem for tests, guess they figured if it works with a Rotem it can work with anything ;).
Hahaha! :-D good one.
  by agarturbo

8th Notch wrote:The 2001 is out in the layover yard today hooked up to a Rotem for tests, guess they figured if it works with a Rotem it can work with anything ;).
Saw it from the 408 this morning (or the front half of it anyways). It actually looks pretty sharp. Not as sleek as 10 and 11, but not the eyesore that so many lamented earlier in this thread.
  by bmcdr

The 2001 actually got to move around B.E.T. tonight, even if it was only from the yard to the fuel rack inside the building and back again.
NEW NEW.jpg
  by ACeInTheHole

bmcdr wrote:The 2001 actually got to move around B.E.T. tonight, even if it was only from the yard to the fuel rack inside the building and back again.
NEW NEW.jpg
Shes a beauty!
  by StevieC48

Thanks Hutch for sharing great shot look nice at night up
  by drvmusic

Anything new on when the 2001 will see service? My cubicle overlooks tracks on the Fitchburg line, so I'm looking forward to the first time I see it go by.
  by daylight4449

I still don't understand why the MBTA wouldn't keep the pilot unit... Has anyone got clarification on that yet?
  by NH2060

drvmusic wrote:Anything new on when the 2001 will see service? My cubicle overlooks tracks on the Fitchburg line, so I'm looking forward to the first time I see it go by.
The prototype 2001 or the production unit 2001? ;-) I find it very puzzling and pointless to have the prototype and a production unit share the same road number.
  by sery2831

The unit still needs to go on a clearance test over the system. It will be a long time before any of these units see service. The rumor is they are still going to be numbered 1200s, but I will believe that when I see it.
  by drvmusic

NH2060 wrote:
drvmusic wrote:Anything new on when the 2001 will see service? My cubicle overlooks tracks on the Fitchburg line, so I'm looking forward to the first time I see it go by.
The prototype 2001 or the production unit 2001? ;-) I find it very puzzling and pointless to have the prototype and a production unit share the same road number.
Sorry, cluessless me didn't realize there was a difference! Thanks for the info :-)

That IS kind of odd!
  by TrainManTy

8th Notch wrote:Not much but the 2001 is being used as a switcher in the yard this morning.
Training, perhaps? Or a result of the power shortage?
  by GP40MC1118

I doubt its being used as a switcher. Yesterday, during the rush hour it was moved out of
BET to the layover yard (Actually coming out on the mainline briefly at Tower A)

D