Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

Bar cars or no bar cars is not our decision, and our opinion is moot.
now back to M-8's we got 206 in revenue service.
  by Train538

9315/14, 9311/10, & 9321/20 were just spotted on a westbound test train at Rowayton a few minutes ago (per Dash9CW on YouTube).
  by khansingh

What do the engineers have to say about the M8's? Is it like driving a brand new car?
  by Train2009

The Trainset with #9301leading had problems prior leaving GCT on Track #19 this afternoon on the 4:10 PM Local Train to Stamford, CT, I asked the conductor on what happened to set but does not know.
  by gregorygrice

9322/9323, 9324/9325 and 9326/9327 are in Croton Yard. Arrived here Saturday morning.

Also quick question. Are the Multicolor LEDs destination signs limited to red, green & blue or are there other colors?

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjy7heRJZhg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gregorygrice on Mon May 06, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by lirr42

gregorygrice wrote:Also quick question. Are the Multicolor LEDs destination signs limited to red, green & blue or are there other colors?
I thought they weren't just red, and there was no green or blue (because we never see anything other than red in revenue service!). Interesting.
  by gregorygrice

lirr42 wrote:
gregorygrice wrote:Also quick question. Are the Multicolor LEDs destination signs limited to red, green & blue or are there other colors?
I thought they weren't just red, and there was no green or blue (because we never see anything other than red in revenue service!). Interesting.
They all come like this. I guess it's not really used because they aren't running on other lines in revenue (besides Yankees trains)
  by khansingh

You mean that they would change colors if they were running on the other lines? That's mildly amazing.
  by gregorygrice

khansingh wrote:You mean that they would change colors if they were running on the other lines? That's mildly amazing.
Well I believe it's up to whoever sets the train up, meaning whoever inputs the train # or the destination. Because whenever they run to Yankees it's still red. I've also seen it signed up as N. White Plains and still red. So I believe it gives you the option to changed the color if desired unless and update to the software was made that forces the color change.
  by lirr42

...so if you get a train crew that wants to spice things up one day they'll come rolling into your station with green or blue destination signs. Nifty.
  by khansingh

Like I said, mildly amazing.
  by RearOfSignal

khansingh wrote:Like I said, mildly amazing.
Obviously something was malfunctioning as the led sign between cars should be extinguished. I saw the 9200 in the belly of a train today and noticed nothing unusual. The side led signs were illuminated red as normal. But will keep an eye out.
  by Train2009

gregorygrice wrote:9322/9323, 9324/9325 and 9326/9327 are in Croton Yard. Arrived here Saturday morning.
Last night BL20GH #114 was towing this set from Harmon.
  by fl9m2004

My guess is they where bound for New Haven
  by truck6018

fl9m2004 wrote:My guess is they where bound for New Haven
Please stop guessing where these equipment moves are going. If you don't know, don't call it out.