• Lowell Line collision at Woburn - 1/9

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by CRail

The management who would permit such behaviors would be the foremen in charge of the work crew, who are on scene with the work crew. So I would include those people with the work crew themselves, though you are absolutely right!

by sery2831

The foreman in charged is a union worker not a member of management. The foreman is almost like a conductor as far as the roll goes.
  by GP40MC1118

The dispatcher was flaky as hell, and shouldn't have been there in the first place

You have no clue about the dispatcher involved in this incident. That
is an inappropiate statement to throw out there without the facts or
bit and pieces taken from a NTSB press release or newspaper articles.

Dave

by PraiseX6

From my understanding, the dispatcher was subing in for someone eles (She normally doesn't do that route) Not sure if this is true.

Anywise being a Dispatcher is a hard job so please lay off them. It's a very stressful job and I feel awful for this event for everyone involded.
  by CRail

GP40MC1118 wrote:The dispatcher was flaky as hell, and shouldn't have been there in the first place

You have no clue about the dispatcher involved in this incident. That
is an inappropiate statement to throw out there without the facts or
bit and pieces taken from a NTSB press release or newspaper articles.

Dave
I agree that the statement was inappropriate, therefore I changed it. I do however have a clue about the dispatcher involved, and while I meant nothing personal by it, thus why I made the edit, I do have knowledge of the incident beyond what has been provided in Press releases and news stories. Which I will be less liberal with in the future, I apologize for my mistake.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i have a report via a yahoo group:

MBTA cab car number 1644 that was involved in the crash in Woburn is on
flat car XTTX 142148 and heading to Delaware. As of 5:00PM on Thursday
(9/13) it was at Lowell.