Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Paul

Well, it seams that the wife is getting some sort of PC with some sort of common Chevy type operating system that I couldnt care less about. I guess I will invest in a copy of MSTS, being that is the ONLY good thing going for MicroSquish. Granted that due to the fact that my out dated Macintintsh 9600/300 is still almost bullet proof when it comes to internet nasties, and can view almost anything ouit there on the net, it shall remain my "Alco of the Internet."

Getting back to the subject at hand, how do I go about getting the LIRR goodies for MSTS? I am sure some of you know the ins and outs. Thanks in advance.
BTW, no nasty comments from you, RDG.

"ALL HAIL FREDONIA!"

by Long Island 7285

Paul,

i got some LIRR MSTS things, and yes that includes M1's.ill try to get pics posted soon,

PM me if you want a copy

by lirrmike

Go to TrainSim.com and do a search for LIRR stuff. There's quite alot of stuff. Newest is a camelback steamer. MU cars, GP38 & MP15 even in NY&A! Here's the link:

http://www.train-sim.com/msts/forum.htm

You'll have to sign up (free) and sometimes the download section is hard to get to because so many people are using it. But it's worth it.

Mike

by Richard Glueck

I have never been able to get the darn things to run UNLESS the authors write them as self-installing. It take too much diddling with computer files to run the locos I want. There are some nice simulation locos though, specifically the GG1's and USRA Mikados. I hadn't heard about a Camelback, but that would be terrific, as would a G5s or K4s. If any of youse computer whizzes produce ALCO C420's, please paint'em up as God intended, in grey and orange.
BTW Paulo, it helps to have a cable modem for these uploads. Tey are big files.
"MAC" has three letters. EMD has three letters. Coincidence? I think not!

by alcoc420

I have the Port Jefferson Branch ca 1960's if you would like. It is not as realistic as I would like, but every curve, switch, crossing, and grade are there. (Actually I am missing a crossover east of Divide.) It has B&O color/position signals instead of PRR position type.

by lirrmike

Richard,

There is a modeler of TrainSim stuff who does excellent work, his name is Gaetan Belanger and he has done ALCO C420s though in the blue & white, but they're great looking.

Mike

by Long Island 7285

I have LIRR 420's for MSTS and i cant help getting thing to work

Ill try to email you the file that all you have to do is put it in to the train/trainset directory build a consist and go!

the 420 are self install.

i will try to get pics posted soon of the M1's and the othere things i made

by lirrmike

If you don't put that Port Jeff line on TrainSim I'm going to be mad at you. :wink: I still run it.

Mike

by lirrmike

Would you mind sending them to me? I'd like to 'play' around with them.

Mike

by Long Island 7285

Mike, the PJ branch is not mine to put on there, i need permission from the devolper. same with the M1.

NOTE: both are from diff devlopers

by lirrmike

Sorry LI I was speaking to 'alcoc420'. If you don't have a copy of his route, ask him for it, he's done a fine job on it.

Mike

by alcoc420

Paul,
BTW I use iMac, iBook, G5 for everything but MSTS.

by Long Island 7285

Heres some Screen Shots form the game.
these are my heritage M1's
CABVIEW IS ONLY A BETA TEST:
I AM TOTALLY AWARE OF THE CONTROLS/GUAGES MISSPLACED AS I REPLACED THE mnbombf.ace with M1cab.ace I SIMPLY JUST CHANGED OUT THE CAB FROT FOR TESTS, I HOPE TO HAVE AN OPERATING M1 CAB SOON.

NOTE: PICTURES DO NOT SHOW HERE ARE LINKS
http://www.trainweb.org/nyar/0.jpg
http://www.trainweb.org/nyar/2.jpg
http://www.trainweb.org/nyar/3.jpg

by Richard Glueck

I'd love a copy of the Port Jeff line on a CD, if that wouldn't be inconvenient. Also love the C420's. Those M1's are terrific too! There needs to be a simpler way of setting up train on MSTS. It's a shame to make it so difficult.

Send me an email if you are able to make CD's of any of them, please.

by Long Island 7285

I can send you an email or a CD with the M1's as thoes are my repaints, how wever cab is not ready.

the 420's i can just email you. as a .zip file

and the PJ line, well i need permission to make a copy of that. its not my origional work so and it was not classified as freeware yet to download on train-sim.com so im not going to give out just yet. i got it from a poster on this bord.