Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by NHV 669

26 wells, 49 containers on today's 132 including a cut of single stack 1 TEUs paired together.
  by F74265A

Liverpool express should dock tomorrow
It is in bound
  by NHV 669

36 loaded wells on 223-07.
  by NHV 669

Today's 132 was just 20 mixed freight, but 88 wells, with 151 total containers. Quite the mix of single/doubles with a variety of 1 and 2 TEU boxes.
  by NBRailandShipFan

Eastbound container counts should be high with the new service starting soon
  by CN9634

Good to see already ramping up the new service... MILAN EXPRESS ETA is 5/18, so that with the Med traffic is going to be busy busy.

I noticed some 132 videos out in Toronto they seem to be tupet/filet the Hapags with domestics for Montreal. With trade balances they way they are, a lot of empty boxes evacuate back to Europe so good chance many but not all of these are empty boxes headed back.

A 'TEU' just stands for twenty foot equivalent but railroads count a container as a 'intermodal unit' individually and a load regardless of if is loaded or not.. since the container in a well car is a load.

Hapag has a pretty good spec book here for boxes, I've used it a lot in the past. It gives you the ISO code too which a lot of folks use, such as 22G1 for a standard dry 20' box

https://www.hapag-lloyd.com/content/dam ... mt_web.pdf
  by NHV 669

I'm referring to the shorter containers that can sit two wide in a well. Wasn't sure what else to call them.
  by NHV 669

63 more wells today, 140 total containers, along with 18 empty wells, and 60 mixed freight on 132. 31 auto racks amongst the mixed freight.

by NHV 669

76 mixed freight, and 45 wells/90 containers today on 132.
  by NHV 669

Roughly 60 loaded wells on 223-11 tonight through GVJ.
  by F74265A

If I understand these reports correctly, there is presently more of a balance in the eastbound and westbound movement of boxes across Maine
  by NHV 669

60 more loaded wells today on 132 along with 60 mixed freight and 22 empty wells.

Most likely due to that new service CN mentioned some time ago in this thread.
  by NHV 669

55 loaded wells west on 223-12.
  by NHV 669

Yesterday's 132 was 22 wells, 42 containers. 223-13 was 47 loaded wells, didnt get a count of containers, but plenty of stacks.
  by RRAcadia

The eastbound this afternoon had over 90 loaded wells and 9 general freight cars.