• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by rob216

I saw them around 12:30 or so going to the Philly airport on the bridge above I95. One thing I sure wasn't expecting to see.
  by askclifford

I was told by one of my buddies at WCRR that they got a new donated Engine last night! Word is it was delivered by SEPTA, donated by PECO and was a switcher used in an abandoned coal powered electric plant.
  by nomis

askclifford wrote:I was told by one of my buddies at WCRR that they got a new donated Engine last night! Word is it was delivered by SEPTA, donated by PECO and was a switcher used in an abandoned coal powered electric plant.
From SJRA yahoo about 2 weeks ago, when first seen ...
SJRA's bluecaboose wrote: Just drove by and got a good visual. It's ex CR GP38 7706 and has WCRL reporting marks under the number. According to the Final Yeatrs book, it was sold to Peco in the mid 90's to be used at one of their plants, I belive Eddystone. It was in the early 90's paint that had the can opener and white frame stripe. The logo was removed when CR sold the unit and there's a pic of it in the book after the sale.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3274037
  by 25Hz

Leave it to septa to help donate diesel equipment vs procure it. ;)

/troll
  by Quinn

askclifford wrote:I was told by one of my buddies at WCRR that they got a new donated Engine last night! Word is it was delivered by SEPTA, donated by PECO and was a switcher used in an abandoned coal powered electric plant.
So I guess the line out to West Chester IS usable after all....
  by Silverliner II

Quinn wrote:
So I guess the line out to West Chester IS usable after all....
At Restricted Speed beyond Elwyn and hope for the best....
  by Matthew Mitchell

864 was separated from its mate this morning in Roberts Yard.
  by Matthew Mitchell

So are we ever going to get a "Bailey's and OJ at the speakeasy" consist?
  by Silverliner II

Matthew Mitchell wrote:So are we ever going to get a "Bailey's and OJ at the speakeasy" consist?
With careful arranging, LOL!!!
Naaaa, they'd never do it, not even for a humorous photo op....
  by Matthew Mitchell

Bailey's and OJ served on 6419 (Warminster express) this morning. No speakeasy car though.
  by Silverliner II

Matthew Mitchell wrote:Bailey's and OJ served on 6419 (Warminster express) this morning. No speakeasy car though.
So close!!! And I saw a train with a triple of Bailey's with an OJ in the middle heading to Elwyn this evening.
  by Malvern Metroliner

Call me crazy... but... I swore I saw a mixed silverliner IV/II consist at Paoli. It was terminating at Malvern. I was at Paoli around 12:30. By the time I noticed it was a II it had already pulled away and I could not get a number. I am not sure if the cars were open though. Could it have been an equipment move?

Can anyone verify this is possible, or was the smell of burnt catenary getting to my senses...