Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Darien Red Sox

Thanks for the info, if only the inspection cars were red instead of blue they would have looked even better with the CDOT Genesis that was pulling them.
  by Otto Vondrak

Darien Red Sox wrote:Thanks for the info, if only the inspection cars were red instead of blue they would have looked even better with the CDOT Genesis that was pulling them.
When CDOT buys their own inspection train, they can paint it whatever color they like.

-otto-
  by Tri-State Tom

Otto -

Speaking of which....is that one of the ex-Phoebe Snow T-L cars in the background within your avatar ?
  by Tri-State Tom

Otto -

Forgive me, they are near and dear to me.

My Dad took me for a ride in one of them on the back of the Phoebe 49 years ago. My chewing gum might still be stuck under a table chair :wink:
  by mntktagt

Inspection train on the move east by Greenwich

Get those pics while we can !!
  by Clean Cab

Its heading to Waterbury and New Haven to day. Then back to GCT.
  by DutchRailnut

two rebuilt Gennies 208 and 204 in new paint.
Last edited by DutchRailnut on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by edbac333

Passed over the Derby Greenway headed north,power facing north, at 1128 hours.
Last edited by edbac333 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by DutchRailnut

since inspection train has no cab cars its pretty safe to assume the power is north on a northbound train.
the power will be south after run around in Waterbury
  by FL9AC

on the eastbound trip I believe 204 was leading and 208 was trailing.
  by Steamboat Willie

It was sitting in GCT on 34 track this morning. Not sure on departure time.
  by Tadman

Is this the new inspection train?
  by Erie-Lackawanna

Nope, that's not happening this year.

Jim