• Industrial/private locomotives still around ???

• A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads
A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads

Moderator: Aa3rt

by RedLantern

Fletcher Granite in Westford MA has a red GE 44ton centercab which hauls flat cars from the quarry across the street to the mill. Although the facility does have a serviceable connection to PAR trackage, they aren't currently shipping or receiving anything by rail, the switcher is used for their own operations.

I think the Con-Agra flour mill in Ayer MA still has an Alco S1, I haven't seen it in a while.

There's some kind of plant in Fitchburg that has a switcher, it's been years since I've seen it, and even when I did, it was in the garage, so I'm not sure what it is.

The concrete plant in Wilmington MA on the old Woburn Loop (off the NH Mainline/MBTA Lowell line) has some kind of small yellow switcher, possibly a Unimog, I couldn't get close enough to see it.
  by dirtydave

hinkle contracting out of paris ky owns 2 locos, one old steamer and another retired army unit, havent run since the 80's from what i hear. also have an old passenger car. it is said that the man who owned the comapany would work out a deal with tti to run them to mayesville about once a month. i will try to get some make and models.
  by Bartman-tn

The equipment at Paris is part of the Central Kentucky NRHS Chapter. They did used to run trips over the old TTI line.